22:54, Wed 17 Apr
Some fans are strange.

JJ who’s been brilliant for us, for Wales and have Prem clubs and European clubs after him - all at the age of 19, apparently needs someone to drop him off somewhere else fast.
Dong Ren Out.
22:58, Wed 17 Apr
LondonBlue
Some fans are strange.

JJ who’s been brilliant for us, for Wales and have Prem clubs and European clubs after him - all at the age of 19, apparently needs someone to drop him off somewhere else fast.

Again, I would snap Fulham's hands off for Stansfield if it meant trading JJ.

I think Stansfield is a better player now, with more potential, in a position that is more difficult to fill.
23:11, Wed 17 Apr
A reasoned response supported by data. Like it 👍

I think, given his age, he's done well.
23:17, Wed 17 Apr
There are premier league players in both of them but I actually think JJ has more of a chance, playing there and staying there.

Having said that, I’d say yes and it’d be a good deal for all
23:44, Wed 17 Apr
Tilton Rifle

I don't disagree with you there. When I was 19 I was picking my arse and flicking it.
06:13, Thu 18 Apr
Tilton Rifle
When I was 19 I was picking my arse and flicking it.

I still do that and I'm 57.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
07:51, Thu 18 Apr
yeehaw
Tilton Rifle
41 games this season aged 19 contributing 8 goals. 10 caps for Wales. You're a difficult man to please but each to their own.

Conversely:

- 0 assists
- Fewest key passes per minutes played of any of our midfielders
- Joint 10th in successful dribbles with Bielek
- 13th "best" average rating in the squad despite 8 goals
- 0 MOTM awards despite 8 goals
- 0 games where he has achieved the highest rating on the pitch despite 8 goals
- 14th "highest" pass completion, behind Marc Roberts
- Fourth highest number of yellow cards, and most in the squad on a per-minute basis
- Comfortably the worst defensive stats of any of our central midfielders (appreciate he has been utilized on the right often, but it is not his position)

So, the stats say he doesn't pass particularly well. He doesn't dribble particularly well. He doesn't defend well. And you can check our win % with the games he is involved in vs. the games he is not. Hint: it doesn't support your assessment.

Also, I have eyes: He isn't a leader. His tracking is half-arsed. He doesn't grab the game by the scruff of its neck. He doesn't dictate play in any meaningful way. He isn't particularly athletic. He is a passenger for the vast majority of games he plays in. But yes, he has scored some very important goals for us.

I would like to say as well, I think he'd look and perform a lot better if he wasn't being misused on the right. And yes, he has showed glimmers of something in several games. I don't think he's rubbish. He's just not that good. He reminds me a lot of Craig Gardner actually. Pops up with important goals, shows a bit of pashun now and then.
So you think he's just not that good ,a lot like Craig Gardner.So that'll be the player who made 260 odd appearances in the Premier and scored one of the most important goals in our recent history.
09:09, Thu 18 Apr
Some fans are strange.

He has been largely average, some games are good, some are bad. Like the rest of the squad.

If he had been signed from Stoke or Middlesbrough for example, he would be getting a lot more stick.

Academy graduates tend to get over rated a lot quicker by the 'one of our own' brigade.
09:18, Thu 18 Apr
When played in his proper position he was ace. Running plenty of games from deep, one of the few things Rooney got right.

He’s been poor ever since he’s been moved out wide for some unknown reason.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:06, Thu 18 Apr
I may be going against the grain but I wouldn't swap Stansfield for JJ.

Stansfield has been great for us, and I really like him. He works incredibly hard but a) we don't know what his best position is (he's certainly not a lone striker), b) he lacks composure in his general play, c) decision making needs to improve. He is composed when he gets a clear strike at goal but appears to snatch at shots when a defender is in front/ close.

I think James is developing into a good all round midfielder at this level. Already a Wales international.
A mobile, powerful runner, with a good engine, who is decent technically. I think James' decision making needs to improve too.
I really like him, and think that his form has been affected by his different positions in the team. I think Rowett wants him to be more defensively minded in this team, with Paik being the more creative, and therefore given more opportunity to drift from his position.
11:11, Thu 18 Apr
Move heaven and Earth to keep Both.
11:14, Thu 18 Apr
Tilton Rifle

I don't for several reasons, but the biggest being these stats are subjective nonsense:

11:28, Thu 18 Apr
Oldham
Tilton Rifle

I don't for several reasons, but the biggest being these stats are subjective nonsense:

Plus he is being played out of position - he clearly isn't a winger so is going to have poorer stats as a result of that, and he can't be compared to the CMs because he has been out on the wing.

The team is a low scoring one, he has scored the second most goals per minute in the team, despite only starting around half the games and often being out of position. Keeping Stansfield would be great, since we would need to replace his goals when he goes back to Fulham... but we will need to replace JJ's goals if we sell him and only Stansfield has outperformed him.
11:48, Thu 18 Apr
Snoop
Oldham
Tilton Rifle

Plus he is being played out of position - he clearly isn't a winger so is going to have poorer stats as a result of that, and he can't be compared to the CMs because he has been out on the wing.

The team is a low scoring one, he has scored the second most goals per minute in the team, despite only starting around half the games and often being out of position. Keeping Stansfield would be great, since we would need to replace his goals when he goes back to Fulham... but we will need to replace JJ's goals if we sell him and only Stansfield has outperformed him.

Could not agree more - had we not had his goals we would be down by now. He has been out of position and still made some good contributions. When we go back to been a passing side when Tony is back I expect him to push on and with be a great asset to the club. Keep anyone who scores goals!
As mentioned above if it made financial sense to effectively swap JJ for Stansfield by amortising the fee over 5 years whilst getting 1x profit from selling JJ I would do it for the following.

1. JJ's sale would give us more spending power in summer
2. With better players around him I think Stansfield's improvement would sky rocket
3. Forward players are generally harder to come by than midfielders so replacing JJ would be easier than replacing Stansfield