11:41, Fri 19 Apr
Have you seen the number of teams that enter the Conference league 😂

I'll leave it now to stop embarrassing you 😉
11:44, Fri 19 Apr
Doesn't matter. They're all teams not good enough to play in the European Cup, Cup-winners' Cup, or UEFA Cup (as was). Big Four countries should not be in it.
12:18, Fri 19 Apr
People can argue and say that it’s a nothing competition all day long, but the fact remains if we were in it, we’d be treating it like the champions league. If they win it which hopefully they won’t, no matter what people think of it, it’s still a European trophy. More to the point though, is there anyone left in that’s decent enough to potentially beat them?
12:20, Fri 19 Apr
The league cup has L2 teams in it 😂
Maybe Fiorentina in a one off 🙏
Of course we'd make a big thing of it, we made a big thing of the Leyland Daf. But nobody was going around pretending that made us English champions or whatever.
number8
The league cup has L2 teams in it 😂
It's also got 4 Champions League teams in it, unlike the Eurocon.
12:22, Fri 19 Apr
not sure on qualifying, but its harder to win the league cup, the 7th placed prem team will always have the biggest wage bill and transfer budget in the conference league
12:32, Fri 19 Apr
Rochdale
MK Dons
Brentford
Them lot
West Ham
Arsenal

One really hard game in the final. The rest you would have expected us to win that season.

Lille could/maybe should have own last night. They'd certainly spank us.
12:35, Fri 19 Apr
and that one game was much tougher opposition than anyone you'd face in the conference league.

but my point is, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc compete in the league cup, no-one in the conference league comes anywhere close to them

the english team will win that cup 90% of the time over the next few years
12:37, Fri 19 Apr
Quite possibly, but its still something any club would celebrate. And rightly so.

Lets hope we have a chance of playing in it at some point in the future.
12:37, Fri 19 Apr
Definitely, didn’t say otherwise, but it would be more of a shock if they didn’t win it than if they did, which isn’t true of the league cup
12:43, Fri 19 Apr
Three of those teams finished above us. Indeed there were 17 above us in the tournament. Hence we would have been 100-1 to win it at the start. It’s not a case of flat track bullies. After all, West Ham have won nothing in England since 1980, but first time in the Eurototo and they win it.
13:19, Fri 19 Apr
There weren't 17 above us when the tournament started, we were 9th the season before. Our best for a generation.

Still not top third 😉
15:07, Fri 19 Apr
Bluenose27
it’s still a European trophy. More to the point though, is there anyone left in that’s decent enough to potentially beat them?

Yes, i think all 3 other teams are pretty strong.

Olympiacos - Wiki tells me that they have been in the Champions League 3 out of last 5 seasons. They were also in the Europa League this season. So they have a really good chance to knock out Villa.

Club Brugge - Champions League 3 times in the past 5 years. They did pretty well in the Champions League last year.

Fiorentina - Finalists in the competition last year.

I'd say that Villa are 3rd strongest out of the four teams. I think they'll lose out in the next round.