07:46, Thu 18 Apr
As platinum members, my mates and I often wonder how the coaches, which I believe are organised by local pubs, get away tickets?

I believe there are a handful of platinum members who do resell their tickets, but I’m not convinced it’s as widespread as some suggest. I know the club monitor social media in great detail and it wouldn’t surprise me if ‘traps’ are being set up to deal with this challenge.

However, how do the ‘white coach’ travellers get their tickets?
08:23, Thu 18 Apr
I always thought it was through Aamir but its still the case since he's left.

In fact I would say its got worse.

In the past if the allocation had been 2200 and over I would get a Ticket but had no
chance for Millwall, QPR, Rotherham or Huddersfield, only made Stoke and Leicester.

I don't believe Box Holders are suddenly being allocated extra tickets either.
08:23, Thu 18 Apr
People who travel on unofficial coaches can have Platinum memberships in their own right y'know.

I know somebody who runs one pretty well, and 80odd percent of his passengers will be there every away game.
08:27, Thu 18 Apr
I’d say it’s more than 80%
08:47, Thu 18 Apr
Probably.

Someone put out on Twitter that there were enough games this season that got to Silver/STH this season that if you'd gone for a ticket at every one you would be Gold next season.

Quite simply, do the games and you'll get the priority.
08:55, Thu 18 Apr
Seth Grayson
People who travel on unofficial coaches can have Platinum memberships in their own right y'know.

I know somebody who runs one pretty well, and 80odd percent of his passengers will be there every away game.

Routley is a good example of that.
09:03, Thu 18 Apr
El Mayor
Seth Grayson

Routley is a good example of that.
I have tracvelled on a coach to 18 games , which will be 20 after Huddersfield and done every game.
Like the vast majority on the coach I use.
People making out there’s 52 non sth and therefore have no away membership entitlement are silly. And that’s me being polite.
Tony Fantastico
09:14, Thu 18 Apr
I think the OP probably doesn’t realise how many tickets go to box holders. Most away games box holders do not take up their allocation for 10 away tickets per box, but for big games/ local derbies they do tend to take their full amount.
I don’t know the exact number of executive boxes but I would hazard a guess at about 40 (it may be more). This means 400 tickets are gone before even platinum get a chance. I really don’t think that certain people/pubs are siphoning off tickets that they shouldn’t have.
10:17, Thu 18 Apr
Probably.

Someone put out on Twitter that there were enough games this season that got to Silver/STH this season that if you'd gone for a ticket at every one you would be Gold next season.

Quite simply, do the games and you'll get the priority.

16 games have gone to season ticket holders

expecting them to alter the banding next season as numbers in Platinum and Gold must be growing and it avoids the club having to talk about the box holder numbers if you make it a points system or introduce additional bands like blue and white
10:32, Thu 18 Apr
I think you will find that the club is looking to change the current process to make it fairer to the supporters and no I dont know what the changes may be
10:36, Thu 18 Apr
GBlue
I always thought it was through Aamir but its still the case since he's left.

In fact I would say its got worse.

In the past if the allocation had been 2200 and over I would get a Ticket but had no
chance for Millwall, QPR, Rotherham or Huddersfield, only made Stoke and Leicester.

I don't believe Box Holders are suddenly being allocated extra tickets either.

Blues away games have become significantly more popular over the past 10 years.

I think there has been another bump in the last couple of seasons.
It's difficult to tell because a lot of the time we hit the limit, but I get the impression this happens faster and more often.
My brother and father are bronze members and when they want to go it has been more difficult to get tickets and you have to buy as soon as they go on sale.

There's not many games now where there's a small group of away fans in a half empty ground. I'm not sure we've taken fewer than 1,200 anywhere.
10:54, Thu 18 Apr
most clubs run a points system, some award more points for less in demand away games, merchandise, cup tickets, travel packages etc

Cov sold their FA Cup semi final tickets based on loyalty points

that would help the club identify its most loyal supporters and make it easier to stagger sale of tickets but doesnt really solve the issue of people buying to maintain their level and it becoming a closed shop, almost impossible to stop that though if the way you want to allocate tickets is based on a priority system, which seems the fairest

think arsenal now ballot some of their away tickets
11:37, Thu 18 Apr
The club already identify its most loyal supporters. It’s nuts that people don’t recognise that there are far greater things to worry and pester the club about
Tony Fantastico
12:56, Thu 18 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
The club already identify its most loyal supporters. It’s nuts that people don’t recognise that there are far greater things to worry and pester the club about

Yeah, it's not difficult. I'm not being a smartarse but whether you call it Platinum, Gold etc...or whether you use a points based system, the people at the head of the queue will always be the people who go to the most away matches - and it's right that that should be the case.

You can sell out Luton, Albion, Rotherham and Huddersfield in crucial end of season games to anybody. Your priority has to be the barmy buggers who were at Hull...or Middlesbrough...or Cardiff...or Norwich, in midweek.

It is merit based, people can work their way up the ladder to Gold - and once you are Gold then Platinum is achievable, if you are THAT committed. And if you are not that committed then you might miss out here and there.

The only real problem comes when you have a farcical situation like West Brom this season, or villa and Luton in previous seasons when the merit based system is seen to be ignored.
13:37, Thu 18 Apr
I travel on them white coaches and at least 90 per cent who travel on them go to every game