08:50, Fri 19 Apr
bluearmyfaction
Maybe everyone should just not enter next year.

100% agree with this, boycott the Cup.
09:12, Fri 19 Apr
Yeah, but you don't want us ever to be promoted so excuse me if I remove you from the equation 😄
12:49, Fri 19 Apr
number8
Yeah, but you don't want us ever to be promoted so excuse me if I remove you from the equation 😄

Not completely true- I just have no interest in Blues playing in the PL in its current form!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
13:20, Fri 19 Apr
So, as it stands right now, completely true 😉
15:25, Fri 19 Apr
Arteta says it is the right thing to do, to protect his players. What a $%>! Honestly football in this country is on a very worrying downward spiral.
16:06, Fri 19 Apr
number8
So, as it stands right now, completely true 😉

Err…yes then!! 😜
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
16:16, Fri 19 Apr
GBBlue
Arteta says it is the right thing to do, to protect his players. What a $%>! Honestly football in this country is on a very worrying downward spiral.

Is this the same Arteta that protects his players by taking them half way round the world pre season to play meaningless friendlies?
Hypocrisy at its best the smarmy faced prick
16:18, Fri 19 Apr
GBBlue
"Mikael, you have never to my knowledge complained about playing so many games against teams like Viktoria Plžen in the Champions League. Why are you so racist against the British?"
21:41, Fri 19 Apr
GBBlue
"Mikael, you have never to my knowledge complained about playing so many games against teams like Viktoria Plžen in the Champions League. Why are you so racist against the British?"

exactly this - they’re inventing tournaments out the blue in European formats

teams across the continent who don’t win anything domestically get invited along to play league format and then multi-leg games

and if you bow out of 1 tournament because you’re not good enough you get deposited into another one - mental

it’s a shame really - domestic cup tournaments have been ruined, basically because the FA (or whoever should control the game in this country - answers on a postcard) didn’t have the balls or ideas or foresights to stand up for its own tournaments

so many bad decisions over the years in the FA Cup alone

- allowing Man U to bypass a round one year
- ditching replays from a certain round
- semi finals at Wembley
- VAR in some matches but not others
- prize money for finishing 17th in Premier clearly better than prize money for winning a cup tournament
etc etc
21:54, Fri 19 Apr
well i think they should go back to the original idea where if there was a draw you could both go through to the next round [en.wikipedia.org] and we should never have moved away from that concept, ever.

they should have stopped effing about with it in 1872
22:27, Fri 19 Apr
I don’t have too much of an opinion on it, other than changing a domestic competition because a few big clubs want more time to play in an extended European competition that is already pretty boring until its final stage anyway is a bit sh*t.
23:25, Fri 19 Apr
ZLAMMER
well i think they should go back to the original idea where if there was a draw you could both go through to the next round [en.wikipedia.org] and we should never have moved away from that concept, ever.

they should have stopped effing about with it in 1872
Back then "round" referred to a group of fixtures in the way some refer to Round 37 of League fixtures. The concept was brilliantly simple - just keep going until there's only one unbeaten team left. In the Scottish Cup, for about 15 years, both teams went through after 2 draws.
07:52, Sat 20 Apr
Not good for the 'minnows'. The Big Boys had better be handing down some compensation, I think. Increase the money trickle down to the lower leagues who could potentially now miss out on season saving replays.
Up the feckin Blues