16:40, Thu 18 Apr
Well, they'll still get one day out, but not 2 πŸ˜‰
17:06, Thu 18 Apr
number8
I'm fine with it, no shitty replays v the likes of Blackburn & Hull every couple of years, and the knowledge that every game will end in a win for somebody with the possibility of pens (which everyone loves as long as you don't lose). Gives the smaller clubs more chance of causing a shock than the big club getting a replay and taking them back to their ground to get done over. I thought people wanted more shocks?

If clubs are relying on cup draws to keep them afloat, they need to sort out their financing.
Some of us finish at 1305 on Tuesdays and like an early midweek tot. So there!
Tony Fantastico
17:06, Thu 18 Apr
You tot enough πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
17:08, Thu 18 Apr
My missus said that an hour back when I got in 😁
Told her I’ll be 3 hours longer in there tomorrow 😎
Tony Fantastico
17:47, Thu 18 Apr
Formerly Deckchair
Even if it did, the chances of those clubs progressing is low.

The FA yet again favouring the bigger clubs.
Yep, modern day Robin Hoods,
20:04, Thu 18 Apr
Tranmere release a condemnation statement, I suppose others will follow.

[www.tranmererovers.co.uk].
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
21:47, Thu 18 Apr
number8
How many times a year do teams pull these big games that save them? Once every 4 or 5 years? It's a myth.

And if they have poor owners, then a cup game v Man Utd ressers isn't going to save them - more likely the bad owners take more money out.

Its the 21st century, things change, the game is different now. I'd much rather go to a cup game knowing its win or bust rather than one team maybe hanging on just to do the same again 3 days later.

You might want win or bust but a loyal Torquay fan drawing at home to Man Utd wouldn't.
The magic of the FA Cup eh
21:49, Thu 18 Apr
How is it "magic" if all they want is to do is draw the home game rather than win it?
21:50, Thu 18 Apr
Maybe everyone should just not enter next year.

Do a new competition instead for non-PL clubs. And invite e.g. Celtic and Rangers to be in it so there's still a chance of a big gate for some lower league team. Could even scout around for e.g. MLS sides to take part.

Let's see how much ITV will pay for the FA Cup then.
07:42, Fri 19 Apr
bluearmyfaction
Maybe everyone should just not enter next year.

Do a new competition instead for non-PL clubs. And invite e.g. Celtic and Rangers to be in it so there's still a chance of a big gate for some lower league team. Could even scout around for e.g. MLS sides to take part.

Let's see how much ITV will pay for the FA Cup then.
thought the same,everyone fack it off.
07:45, Fri 19 Apr
well the fans that love the fa cup at blues ceratainly fked it off
07:56, Fri 19 Apr
Why?
Tony Fantastico
08:06, Fri 19 Apr
what have our attendances been in the FA Cup the last few years? Derisery.
08:09, Fri 19 Apr
number8
Still not gonna work when you have prem or championship teams who dont want the games.

We regularly throw cup matches because "the league is what matters", dont see many complaining on here when we field a bunch of kids in a cup we won not long ago.

I complain- I love both Cup competitions and I want as many games as possible! I’d rather play a stronger team in a cup game and a weaker team in a league game.

I always enjoy Cup replays so I’m not happy with this ruling. And there’s no doubt that if will have a huge financial impact on clubs (probably) from League One down.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
08:14, Fri 19 Apr
ZLAMMER
what have our attendances been in the FA Cup the last few years? Derisery.
In part because the draws we have had have had all the romance of John Prescott. Then you get that thing where once in a blue moon there's a spectacularly fun draw (like up at Blyth Spartans). If that happened to every team every year, there's no special quality about it.