14:59, Fri 19 Apr
"In and around" bothers me.

I heard Dion Dublin saying that the striker needs players in and around him! So the striker needs players in him?

They all just copy each other and don't really think what they are saying really.

When asked what a team needs to do to turn the game around; nearly all of them just trot out "they need to move it quicker"

Dublin should keep his sick fantasies to himself
15:14, Fri 19 Apr
shd
shd
Snoop
Ricky Blotto
Please could you elaborate on what they all mean? Asking for a friend.

False 9 is more of a hybrid role - can lead the line but also drops deep.
Firmino did at Liverpool as striker who drops off, Messi did it at Barcelona as a player who could just go anywhere.

High press is about not having the ball - pressuring the team with it to make a mistake near their own goal by cutting off passing options and closing down the player with the ball.

Inverted winger is basically a winger who cuts inside more with the ball, rather than sticks to the sideline.

….so one footed then

No?
It is about how a team wants to set up, not the number of feet the player has.
17:26, Fri 19 Apr
The term “striker” wasn’t heard before the late 70s in my memory…
18:56, Fri 19 Apr
Bouncebackability

Due diligence
18:59, Fri 19 Apr
We are In The Ascendancy and On The Transition
Ale house ball.
19:15, Fri 19 Apr
Jack Jarvis Esq.
Transition (counter attack)

Transition isn't a counter attack. It's the moment you either lose or gain possession. It's the movement and positioning of the players to support the attack or fall back into defensive positions, or maybe initiate a press depending on where you lose possession. Triggers depending on who you lost the ball to or where on the pitch you gained it can be decisive.
19:36, Fri 19 Apr
This.
Plus 2-3-5 formation 😂
19:41, Fri 19 Apr
‘One Direction’ - I thought it was a crap band but it’s actually forcing a team to play out to one side of the pitch.
22:41, Fri 19 Apr
I can't believe I got through life only asking 'Who scored' & not but who made the assist
00:50, Sat 20 Apr
shd
shd
Madeira Blue
More pundits equals more bullshit terminology.

Exactly this
Pundits trying to make out that they see stuff we don’t
Drivel
I always hit mute

I’m on your side, the rare occasions I watch the sounds soon off. They seem instructed to talk all the time so come out with some twaddle. And most annoyingly tell you the same thing several times.
shd
00:55, Sat 20 Apr
Mister Mutley
shd
Madeira Blue
More pundits equals more bullshit terminology.

Exactly this
Pundits trying to make out that they see stuff we don’t
Drivel
I always hit mute

I’m on your side, the rare occasions I watch the sounds soon off. They seem instructed to talk all the time so come out with some twaddle. And most annoyingly tell you the same thing several times.

They don’t tell me or anyone anything let’s be honest 😀
01:07, Sat 20 Apr
And directly from our own Blues TV - "Corridor of uncertainty"
07:19, Sat 20 Apr
XG, Xbox speak but, the winner for me...'we were in a good moment'...bought in by foreign coaches (which is fair enough when English isn't your first language) but now being used by British born pundits, players and managers.

It's gobbleaduke, berks. 😁
Up the feckin Blues
07:24, Sat 20 Apr
XG had shortfalls but it’s clearly a lot better than ‘shots on target’ which really is meaningless
Happy Clapper