13:28, Sun 21 Apr
My mate worked in train stations and the grief he would get when telling passengers there was a delay even when it was a fatality was unbelievable Just 2 examples

" Can't you just feckin move the body to the side of track and get the trains moving again"

" I have a meeting. Here's my phone, you call my boss and tell him sone tw*t has decided to go and jump in front of train"

Some people are really so self important, no consideration for those individuals and their poor families
" I have a meeting. Here's my phone, you call my boss and tell him sone tw*t has decided to go and jump in front of train

I honestly don't think I could have a public facing job. If somebody said that to me at the very least I'd throw their phone onto the tracks.
13:46, Sun 21 Apr
Ricky Blotto
" I have a meeting. Here's my phone, you call my boss and tell him sone tw*t has decided to go and jump in front of train

I honestly don't think I could have a public facing job. If somebody said that to me at the very least I'd throw their phone onto the tracks.

I drove trains for 20 years, and trust me, I heard this sort of thing all the time.

I saw and witnessed some horrendous things, but some members of the general public are unbelievably slefish.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Wagner’s Dream
That’s awful.

Hopefully the Rotherham fan pulls through, he’s in ICU but breathing on his own.

[x.com]
Thought I’d follow up on this thread but another positive update from the Rotherham fan here. He’s out of intensive care.
[x.com]
Gazball?
10:18, Thu 25 Apr
That's great news. Hopefully he'll be back watching his team next season. Just hope we're not playing them.
10:24, Thu 25 Apr
Newbs
As well as the stoppage for the Rotherham fan, we were on a train from Derby to Sheffield when somebody jumped in front of it and were killed.

We were delayed for two and and half hours and got to the ground at half time. You could hear the train go over them and I'll never forget that.

So, condolences to the family of that person and sorry it came to that

Ex bro-in-law worked for Network Rail and had to attend a lot of these to 'clear up'. It happens a lot more regularly than most people get to hear about, doesn't really make the news much. Horrible and such a shame people feel driven to this.
Up the feckin Blues
11:20, Thu 25 Apr
Another hazard for trains and train drivers:

[www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk]
15:05, Thu 25 Apr
Wagner’s Dream
Wagner’s Dream
That’s awful.

Hopefully the Rotherham fan pulls through, he’s in ICU but breathing on his own.

[x.com]
Thought I’d follow up on this thread but another positive update from the Rotherham fan here. He’s out of intensive care.
[x.com]
👍
Tony Fantastico
20:17, Thu 25 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
Wagner’s Dream
Wagner’s Dream
That’s awful.

[x.com]
[x.com]
👍

Stroud gets alot of stick off football fans but he's potentially saved a life here by calling the paramedics on. 👏 👏 👏
20:17, Thu 25 Apr
Awful thread this. Ruined my day. Cheers all
20:26, Thu 25 Apr
Tbf Stroud is way down the list to thank. Everyone on there could see the need for medical attention
Tony Fantastico