08:16, Sun 21 Apr
quark
Haircut1000
We'll be ok. Even if we drop, the future is bright.

I agree but that’s not the point is it. Too many mentally weak people in our club.

Hopefully the majority will be gone next season, regardless of what division we end up in.

Emphasis will be on recruitment this summer.
08:50, Sun 21 Apr
Never have the Blues drove me more nuts.
They were there for the taking and we just can’t seem to turn up.I just can’t wait for this season to end so we can all have a rest from it.
Getting worried about next week already and just a point would be enough and kind of banking on us beating Norwich with a full house.
But with this lot you never know.
08:50, Sun 21 Apr
100% agree.
09:09, Sun 21 Apr
To be fair had that Stansfield goal not been disallowed we would all be saying what a great effort to avoid a banana skin.

We’ve kept back to back clean sheets, we’ll beat Huddersfield next week.
09:20, Sun 21 Apr
I can’t see us beating Huddersfield tbh. We’re dire away from home, so I feel a draw will be the best we can get. Which means we’ll be going to the final day needing a win.
Tam
09:49, Sun 21 Apr
GBBlue
bluer than blues
Tam
And the amount of managers that we've had this season, of course, with the changes in style and confusion that that's brought. Not looking to exonerate the players for their part in it but it must be a significant factor.

This is undoubtedly a huge factor. Five managers in one season is ludicrous and you can see how lost the players look, especially compared to the early days of the season. We might have been hit and miss under JE but the players understood their roles.

Is it though? After losing to Sunderland pre-world cup we barely registered an away win all of the rest of last season. A couple of backs to the wall 1-0s and that 2-3 where Swansea imploded.

Our away performances have been toothless for a long time, this is because of players and player recruitment.

Well, it can't not be a factor, if you see what I mean. I do take your point, but without digging into old ground, this season's squad was the first one that had had a pre season under the manager and was the manager's squad. However we look at it changing managers and styles to the extent that he have (and have had to, unfortunately) is going to create difficulties. As I said earlier, not exonerating players for their part in it, but I think that it's only part of the story and not the whole story.
Make Blues Great Again
15:40, Sun 21 Apr
Bluubalders
At least as important as ability is the mental approach - in any sport.

Been our problem for years - teams we should beat we lose or draw, teams we should lose against we go and win when our backs against the wall (or relegation looms).

We beat Cov, and it was at home - but Wagner was there and seems like he had an impact on the team and had a word to fire them up before hand. Maybe Wagner and Brady need to fly in and do the same against both Huddersfield and Norwich?

Bit of fire in the belly and self-belief - if we go down, then at least we go down fighting... But in all reality, that fire is likely what keeps us up.