11:32, Mon 22 Apr
I'm not dressing it up, I just disagree that we played for a point, he made mistakes with the lineup imo and we needed to play with greater intensity, but none of it was due to actively trying to draw the match, there is absolutely no chance that the aim was to draw, it's a silly cliche imo
Happy Clapper
11:38, Mon 22 Apr
Wasn’t being funny.
I’ll say this. If that was the final match of the season and we HAD to win, and against that opposition we named that team, played with that intensity and only gave 15 minutes combined to Dembele, James and Hall, then I for one would be furious.

Personally, it amounts to the same difference for me.
11:41, Mon 22 Apr
No such thing as playing for a draw.
11:47, Mon 22 Apr
What?
11:52, Mon 22 Apr
Playing for a point

Manger: Alright lads, we're playing for a draw today. If we score first, just wave them through to get an equaliser

Lazy cliche.
11:59, Mon 22 Apr
Not saying he was playing for a draw, but he was too concerned with the opposition/ too scared to take any risks.

Burke and Sunjic should not have been in the team. Burke can't play football. Sunjic becuase he's not the player you want when dominating the ball. He is incapable of playing the half turn, which was a big issue in us building play from the back.

Huddersfield should be more open as they absolutely have to win. A point might be ok for us.
12:05, Mon 22 Apr
Le Mod
I'm not dressing it up, I just disagree that we played for a point, he made mistakes with the lineup imo and we needed to play with greater intensity, but none of it was due to actively trying to draw the match, there is absolutely no chance that the aim was to draw, it's a silly cliche imo

Agreed.

Roberts had a great chance within the first few minutes that he sliced when he was free at the backpost.

Miyoshi should have buried his in injury time.

Its not like Rowett and the players walked off at full time patting themselves on the back for getting the draw.
12:07, Mon 22 Apr
Formerly Deckchair
Not saying he was playing for a draw, but he was too concerned with the opposition/ too scared to take any risks.

Burke and Sunjic should not have been in the team. Burke can't play football. Sunjic becuase he's not the player you want when dominating the ball. He is incapable of playing the half turn, which was a big issue in us building play from the back.

Huddersfield should be more open as they absolutely have to win. A point might be ok for us.

You would have dropped Sunjic ? Were you saying this before the game? Burke was a monumental gamble that backfired badly and was addressed at half time.

Miyoshi, Bacuna and Dembele all came on .

We could and should have been one nil up in the first 2 minutes.
12:20, Mon 22 Apr
I think when people say that they mean that he would have tried not to lose first, rather than make trying to win the primary aim. Which seems fair.
Problem is, next week isn’t actually a must win if Sheffield Wednesday lose. This is why I don’t think we’ll get an attacking side- or one that goes for it.

It’s a must not lose, if Sheff W win then it’s a must win.

A point gets us level and then if we win on the last day we’re safe.

I’d actually prefer it if we needed to win to avoid relegation next week.

Can see a 1-0 defeat coming as we try and be cautious. Proper sickener.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
I'm not sure I can handle a week of trying to second guess what he's going to do at the weekend. Might just bury my head in the sand and forget about it for a few days (which also includes not slagging him relentlessly, you'll be glad to know!)
12:38, Mon 22 Apr
TarquBertschin
Formerly Deckchair

You would have dropped Sunjic ? Were you saying this before the game? Burke was a monumental gamble that backfired badly and was addressed at half time.

Miyoshi, Bacuna and Dembele all came on .

We could and should have been one nil up in the first 2 minutes.

Yep
[www.smallheathalliance.com]

Yeah, we could have been 1 up. That's been the story of the season, unfortunately. We've been on the wrong side of match defining moments, whether a mistake, a miss, or a bad decision.
Fair play for that 👍
Tony Fantastico
13:43, Mon 22 Apr
Fair play.
14:14, Mon 22 Apr
Redditch Blue
Wasn’t being funny.
I’ll say this. If that was the final match of the season and we HAD to win, and against that opposition we named that team, played with that intensity and only gave 15 minutes combined to Dembele, James and Hall, then I for one would be furious.

Personally, it amounts to the same difference for me.

The problem with this reasoning is thinking that when we attack away from home we do well. We don't. Everytime we have tried to do that this season we have been beaten easily.

He obviously put burke in for height. We still played terribly and messed up don't get me wrong, but that's on the players. At this point in the season to play the way they did was embarassing really. No urgency.