13:20, Wed 24 Apr
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes the transcript from the Q&A section of the latest Keep Right On podcast

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
14:10, Wed 24 Apr
Bielik, Paik, Miyoshi, Lee Buchanan and Laird have had their moments but they have also had long spells of being poor.
14:36, Wed 24 Apr
Yeah, Bielik I’d love to keep but I’m not too fussed on anyone else.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:37, Wed 24 Apr
Paik is the best player we've had in years. I'd be gutted if he went.
14:37, Wed 24 Apr
they've likely been poor due to the 5 different blokes taking training this season and all the problems that come with it.

if they've shown good performances at times then i dont doubt they can do it more consistently if the club can provide more consistency behind the scenes
14:43, Wed 24 Apr
Bielik, Paik, Miyoshi, Lee Buchanan and Laird have had their moments but they have also had long spells of being poor.

I'd be disappointed if we had to let Paik and Miyoshi go

I wouldn't mind seeing Laird and LB on their way tbf, you;d think any replacements would be on a par or better

unsure on Bielik, could be a decent L1 centre half
14:44, Wed 24 Apr
Buchanan's a player

Bielik has been very good under Eustace, Mowbray and Rowett

Paik looks very decent

Miyoshi is a bundle of energy and works his nuts off, talented

Bacuna works his nuts off and is incredibly talented and brave

Stansfield never stops running and has lots of quality

There are others that are decent too, and work hard, there are others that aren't great but always always try (Juke/Sunjic)

It's really not a bad group at all, just missing a few leaders and a physical centre forward, if it weren't for that mental managerial decision and a really bad bit of luck with Mowbray we'd be sitting here happy with a mid-table finish and a season of progress on and off the pitch. We may end up going down, possibly by a point or a goal, despite tossing 45% of the season away playing Christmas pudding formations.
Happy Clapper
14:46, Wed 24 Apr
NouCamp

I wouldn't mind seeing Laird and LB on their way tbf, you;d think any replacements would be on a par or better

Buchanan has been fine. Surely?
14:51, Wed 24 Apr
NouCamp

Crazy to suggest we should bin Buchanan
Also, need to do our absolute best to retain Bacuna, Bielik, Miyoshi, Paik, Dembele, Anderson (but he's on absolute peanuts which is why i think this)

We have two REALLY good players on loan who we should try and capture .... Drameh and <<<*** Dozzell ***>>>
(obviously i'm assuming that Stansfield won't feel like running his nuts off for another season whilst not playing what he thinks is his best position)
Tam
14:52, Wed 24 Apr
Le Mod
Buchanan's a player

Paik looks very decent

There are others that are decent too, and work hard, there are others that aren't great but always always try (Juke/Sunjic)

It's really not a bad group at all, just missing a few leaders and a physical centre forward, if it weren't for that mental managerial decision and a really bad bit of luck with Mowbray we'd be sitting here happy with a mid-table finish and a season of progress on and off the pitch. We may end up going down, possibly by a point or a goal, despite tossing 45% of the season away playing Christmas pudding formations.

Yeah, I agree with you. I know it's a bit idealistic/unrealistic, but in the event of relegation I'd love the players who we want to stay (not Stansfield of course) to say 'right, I'm part of the squad who helped us get relegated, and I want to stay and put this right as the club is going places and I want to be part of it'.

I know that it rarely works like that, but if they're above playing in League One, having helped to get us there, they can bugger off.
Make Blues Great Again
15:08, Wed 24 Apr
Tam
Tam
Le Mod
Buchanan's a player

Paik looks very decent

Yeah, I agree with you. I know it's a bit idealistic/unrealistic, but in the event of relegation I'd love the players who we want to stay (not Stansfield of course) to say 'right, I'm part of the squad who helped us get relegated, and I want to stay and put this right as the club is going places and I want to be part of it'.

I know that it rarely works like that, but if they're above playing in League One, having helped to get us there, they can bugger off.

Given we're not going to be cash strapped and have the promise of coming straight back up, I'd hope at least some of them would stick around unless we get really good offers for all of them. A lot of the rating of the players seems to be based on when they are badly coached, not on how they perform under a decent manager - as long as Mowbray comes back (I think he probably will) then it gives us the core of a really good team. If the worst happens and Mowbray doesn't come back, Gardner needs to have a quality replacement lined up.
15:17, Wed 24 Apr
NouCamp

indeed, he's been absolutely that

there are better left backs out there than Buchanan, although its not a priority addressing it given the gaps everywhere else

more than happy to keep him as squad player
Tam
15:22, Wed 24 Apr
Snoop
Tam
Le Mod
Buchanan's a player

Paik looks very decent

Given we're not going to be cash strapped and have the promise of coming straight back up, I'd hope at least some of them would stick around unless we get really good offers for all of them. A lot of the rating of the players seems to be based on when they are badly coached, not on how they perform under a decent manager - as long as Mowbray comes back (I think he probably will) then it gives us the core of a really good team. If the worst happens and Mowbray doesn't come back, Gardner needs to have a quality replacement lined up.

Yes, I agree. I think we have a couple of positions that we're light on (as we know) that have let us down to some degree, but, for me,this squad of players is nowhere near as bad as some folk make them pout to be. They're lacking in terms of being a 'team', I feel, but as a set of individuals, I think that it's the most talented group that we've had for a decade. I think that Le Mod put up a set of stats yesterday that showed something like 35 points from the 23 games played under Eustace, Mowbray and Rowett.
Make Blues Great Again
15:25, Wed 24 Apr
The problem with Buchannan was highlighted by Mowbray - he takes the easy option too many times. He gets the ball and then immediately turns and looks to pass to one of the central defenders instead of taking the ball forward. He'll do it even when an opposition player isn't near him. He needs to start being a bit braver when he's got the ball.

It was clearly something Mowbray was working on with him and lead to him being dropped in favour of Drameh.

He's a really good player and I hope he stays if the worst happens but it's definitely an area he needs to work on - specially if Mowbray is back in the dugout next year.
15:26, Wed 24 Apr
You’re surely on the wind up. Bielik, might make a good L1 centre back??

He’s good in that position in the championship and completely dominated Simms, just over a week ago whom for many has a bright future.

Not sure what your problem is with with of our fullbacks either.