17:55, Thu 25 Apr
if they get us promoted then surely they will be attractive to other teams in that division and we can sell them on
17:55, Thu 25 Apr
Ribeye
I said the same a few weeks back. We'll be dishing out 2 or 3 year contracts to players that will potentially be no use after 12 months as we'll be after better quality when/if we got promoted.

Yep. Unless we decide to give stupid contracts to top championship players to bribe them to slum it in League 1 for a year, we'll have to either gamble on players or sign proven League 1 players, and as you say most will be asking for 2/3 year deals.
The cold never bothered me anyway
18:33, Thu 25 Apr
Ribeye
My Blue Heaven
And we will be stuck with them for 2/3 years.

Ipswich are clearly the model to follow as Moddy points out, a new owner ( rich ones, model similar to ours) and one transfer window really changed their trajectory

But there’s more portsmouths etc than Ipswich’s if we are honest

That said after being totally of the opinion we are down, hull winning last night means Albion will have to beat Sheffield Wednesday. 4 points would then seen us safe

God I hope we stay up

I said the same a few weeks back. We'll be dishing out 2 or 3 year contracts to players that will potentially be no use after 12 months as we'll be after better quality when/if we got promoted.

Potentially. We could also potentially sign players that will improve with us and be good in the Championship.

Ipswich have plenty of players in their team they signed in League One.

Sunderland had the likes of Pritchard, Roberts, Gooch, O’Nien and Clarke in league one who were major parts of a team that made the playoffs last season.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.