19:49, Wed 24 Apr
Yeah that’s fair. I hope he is fit and makes me eat my words, up the Juke.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:53, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
Rags
Buchanan and Laird would be the best full backs in that league by miles

Spot on

You've even proven that with decent managers we'd be close to, or in, the play-offs. But people aren't interested ... they just want to unload their bile and vitriol at the easiest target that doesn't involve any thought

What are you basing that claim on? The close to or in the playoffs one.

er .. the facts as Le Mod posted them.
Our points return per game under Eustace and Mowbray

The same Eustace who had us 7th last December and ended up finishing 17th would have got us to around 70 points at this stage of the season?

Mowbray sample size is far too small, and I say that as someone who loves the bastard.

We've got the following players who are better than merely "good" at this level..

Laird
Buchanan
Drameh
Bielik
Dozzell
Bacuna
Paik
Miyoshi
Stansfield

Some who are good on their day..
James (who has the excuse of the inconsistency of youth)
Anderson
Dembele
Sanderson (alongside Long or Bielik)

One who is good when asked to fulfil a specific role
Sunjic

and a few who haven't shown their ability enough to call them good
T.Roberts
Pritchard

Then there's some who definitely aren't up to this level any more
Juke (bless him)
Hogan
Burke
Gardner
M.Roberts

The player we REALLY needed to be good never actually managed a single game for us . .
Mr Half Decent Centre Forward
Tam
19:54, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Yeah I’m not disputing that we’d have had a better season with Eustace in charge, only an idiot would claim otherwise.

To claim this team would be in or around the playoffs is laughable.

No, I don't think we would either, but it's quite interesting to see the difference between competent and no-competent managers though, isn't? That's a large enough sample size to suggest that the squad is capable of better under a decent manager.
Make Blues Great Again
19:57, Wed 24 Apr
You’re overrating a lot of those players you list as excellent at this level.
19:58, Wed 24 Apr
I wouldn’t call those players excellent. Good definitely, but excellent implies they’d be walking into the top teams for me, which they aren’t. Other than that a fair assessment imo.
20:00, Wed 24 Apr
Tam
Yeah we wouldn’t be near the play offs but we wouldn’t be in the relegation either. One thing Eustace deserves credit for is the togetherness and commitment he inspired in our players, which can’t be underestimated, and it just hasn’t been there since he left, aside from maybe the games under Mowbray.
20:02, Wed 24 Apr

I've done a downgrade edit to change "excellent" to "better than merely good"
20:03, Wed 24 Apr
I wouldn’t call those players excellent. Good definitely, but excellent implies they’d be walking into the top teams for me, which they aren’t. Other than that a fair assessment imo.

20:05, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Totall agree if your are classifying them as an excellent at Championship level then they walk into a top 6 Championship team. Out of the excellent players only Paik is remotely close.
20:06, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
Rags

Spot on

You've even proven that with decent managers we'd be close to, or in, the play-offs. But people aren't interested ... they just want to unload their bile and vitriol at the easiest target that doesn't involve any thought

The same Eustace who had us 7th last December and ended up finishing 17th would have got us to around 70 points at this stage of the season?

Mowbray sample size is far too small, and I say that as someone who loves the bastard.

We've got the following players who are better than merely "good" at this level..

Laird
Buchanan
Drameh
Bielik
Dozzell
Bacuna
Paik
Miyoshi
Stansfield

Anderson
Dembele

Sunjic

T.Roberts
Pritchard

Juke (bless him)
Hogan
Burke
Gardner
M.Roberts

The player we REALLY needed to be good never actually managed a single game for us . .

You're falling into the trap of viewing some average players (average is ok its not a slight) as good

Not a single one youve listed as better than merely good is better than average

Some have potential to be

Others like Dozzell who cant get in the team Im a bit surprised at
20:09, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
Rags

Spot on

Laird
Buchanan
Drameh
Bielik
Dozzell
Bacuna
Paik
Miyoshi
Stansfield

Anderson
Dembele

Sunjic

T.Roberts
Pritchard

Juke (bless him)
Hogan
Burke
Gardner
M.Roberts

You're falling into the trap of viewing some average players (average is ok its not a slight) as good

Not a single one youve listed as better than merely good is better than average

Some have potential to be

Others like Dozzell who cant get in the team Im a bit surprised at

Dozzell is an absolute baller ... not a Rowett type though.

If we sign him he'll definitely be in the running for player of the season in a Mowbray team
20:11, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

Still overrating some of them, and ‘better than merely good’ doesn’t get you in or around the playoffs.
20:14, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
yeehaw
Super Hans
Too good for us? That’s the sort of thinking that’s got us where we are now.

Given our current state? They are too good for us. I disagree with your assessment as well. Positive mindsets and form play a huge part in performances. Pirlo himself would misplace passes in this team. Doubting himself, doubting his teammates, doubting the tactics.

What current state? The state of investing millions, soon to be billions on facilities for the players to train with?

If the current state of the club is below these lot then we really are in the pits.

The state of, none of that has happened yet. The state of, Mr. 11% winrate at Blackburn John Eustace, followed by Mr. 13% winrate Wayne Rooney, followed by an interim academy coach, followed by finally the right man to take us forward, followed by him taking leave, followed by...

But what, because all of this great stuff happening off the pitch in the future, the current players are supposed to ignore all of the turmoil and perform on the pitch?

That is the "current state". On the pitch has been a complete mess. I'm not pointing fingers because it is what it is, but this season has been a total disasterclass.
20:17, Wed 24 Apr
BlueSteve
Only 2-3 players in our current squad have been remotely consistent this season though.

??

How can players be consistent in an absolutely inconsistent environment? It baffles me that the players are getting the blame.
20:21, Wed 24 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Those feckers got us into this state

No, whoever decided to throw a spanner in the works by sacking JE mid-season got us into this state.