13:14, Thu 25 Apr
Option 3 - Put down all your concerns in writing to your boss, why you have these concerns, the effect on the business etc.

If it is such a closeknit industry surely you can get it out to the "grapevine" that you think it is a terrible direction.

If it does go tits up you can simply present to them what you did to try and avert the disaster and how you were being a loyal employee.

I can't see how that would eff up your future career.
I wasn't. I just want a McDonald's breakfast after 11. He does work there, right?
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
14:19, Thu 25 Apr
I’d sack you for posting Dear Deidre posts on a football website when you’re supposed to be working
14:41, Thu 25 Apr
I’d sack you for posting Dear Deidre posts on a football website when you’re supposed to be working

You couldn't be my boss, or work here in any capacity.... firstly you need "SC" level (or higher) security clearance even at lower management level, (mine is "CTC" level)
Yes, frightening that idiots like me are entrusted to safeguard the Nation's secrets on behalf of HM Gov isn't it ???

.. plus we have high moral standards and don't employ bigots ... and when i spot them, we don't employ Villa fans either.

Up The Woke !!

.PS .. the person who monitors the people who monitor the people who monitor internet useage is .... er ... "me" .... and for all you know i may work nights !!

Also i can do my work on one keyboard with one hand while i use the other to flick ths"V's" at you
15:19, Thu 25 Apr
It's an interesting one though isn't it? You said you KNEW that it would be bad for the future of the company and you KNEW that things would inevitably go wrong and yet further along in the year, it appears a guy took on the role, did what your boss asked you to do, the customers seemed absolutely delighted with the changes and it was demonstrably working.... It's also fair to point out that other people tried to implement what your boss wanted and failed spectacularly! It clearly takes an incredibly talented employee to make your boss' plan work - someone who really knows what they're doing and has experience of carrying out similar projects with other companies.

So... when you initially said your boss wanted you to do something that you knew would be "bad for the future of the company", did you really mean you knew it would be bad if you tried to do it? If so, good on you for knowing your limitations and being honest about it rather than going along with something you know you'll fail at. That's definitely admirable. I have no doubt you'll easily find a similar position with a less ambitious company where you'll fit right in.
15:51, Thu 25 Apr
Ribeye

I'm very principled and stick to my beliefs. A lot of people don't like me for it but I'm a very black and white kind of person. I say and do what I think is right and stick to it.

Are you Rags' boss?
16:08, Thu 25 Apr

You couldn't be my boss, or work here in any capacity.... firstly you need "SC" level (or higher) security clearance even at lower management level, (mine is "CTC" level)
Yes, frightening that idiots like me are entrusted to safeguard the Nation's secrets on behalf of HM Gov isn't it ???

.. plus we have high moral standards and don't employ bigots ... and when i spot them, we don't employ Villa fans either.

Up The Woke !!

.PS .. the person who monitors the people who monitor the people who monitor internet useage is .... er ... "me" .... and for all you know i may work nights !!

Also i can do my work on one keyboard with one hand while i use the other to flick ths"V's" at you

Impressive. It’s amazing what tunes you can play when blowing your own trumpet.🤔🤔😂
16:35, Thu 25 Apr
It's an interesting one though isn't it? You said you KNEW that it would be bad for the future of the company and you KNEW that things would inevitably go wrong and yet further along in the year, it appears a guy took on the role, did what your boss asked you to do, the customers seemed absolutely delighted with the changes and it was demonstrably working.... It's also fair to point out that other people tried to implement what your boss wanted and failed spectacularly! It clearly takes an incredibly talented employee to make your boss' plan work - someone who really knows what they're doing and has experience of carrying out similar projects with other companies.

So... when you initially said your boss wanted you to do something that you knew would be "bad for the future of the company", did you really mean you knew it would be bad if you tried to do it? If so, good on you for knowing your limitations and being honest about it rather than going along with something you know you'll fail at. That's definitely admirable. I have no doubt you'll easily find a similar position with a less ambitious company where you'll fit right in.

Aha ... but you missed the point where i said "at the current time" and "with te current resources" .... my replacement would have struggled without the arrival and gift of the extra resources in the January transfer window ... er i mean ... the end of the winter commercial period. Plus i had a load of people off long term sick so it would have been a while before any effectiveness took hold. I could be crass and say that the task would make my replaccement ill -- but i'n sure his illness pre-dates arriving at Blues .... er sorry ... our company.

But yes ... i'm not the best person in the whole world at my role ... there are some people better than me - but short term i just know he would hav chosen someone sho had little experience, hadn't been a success elsewhere and looked and talked like a potato.
20:16, Thu 25 Apr
"and perhaps i need to look at myself a bit and stop treating the place as just somehere to be argumentative and beligerent."

Quite a few do, we are here as we have the same common interest. For most of my life if someone was Blues they were immediately my mate. Yet some on here seem to have taken on a persona and revel in winding up fellow blues.

I mean, I can understand it to an extent if you were going on other teams boards but to deliberately antagonise Blues is just a bit effed up. ( and that's not aimed at you) but in response to the point you raised.
20:24, Thu 25 Apr
Do you think you’re one of those?
Tony Fantastico
06:30, Fri 26 Apr
You are one drama queen
08:52, Fri 26 Apr
You are one drama queen

Stalker. Reported.
10:23, Fri 26 Apr
Rags, you big effing sh*t.

I was really concerned for you reading through this (I've only just seen this thread).

Way to make a point, but bloody hell...

And props to everyone who chimed in with help and suggestions. Love the Blues family. Usually.
16:17, Fri 26 Apr
Rags, you big effing sh*t.

I was really concerned for you reading through this (I've only just seen this thread).

Way to make a point, but bloody hell...

And props to everyone who chimed in with help and suggestions. Love the Blues family. Usually.

Blimey Clown, haven't seen you around these parts for at least 6 months or so ... you well ?
22:23, Mon 29 Apr
Grand, ta. Looking forward to retiring at the end of term.
How's yourself (now I know you've not been sacked)?