08:38, Fri 26 Apr
I presume the Niners going for a WR first is a message to Brandon ahead of the contract negotiations.

Bears have done well.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
Mods - can we have a separate 'Plastics' forum for all the American Rugger fans? It's a shame for 'em.
Up the feckin Blues
08:57, Fri 26 Apr
Mods - can we have a separate 'Plastics' forum for all the American Rugger fans? It's a shame for 'em.

^^ This - and can we lump the cricketists in there as well
09:01, Fri 26 Apr
Well said! I'd go as far as those who like the 'Arrers' as well, but I know a fair few of the poorer and plebbier members on here quite like the frightful pub game.
Up the feckin Blues
09:18, Fri 26 Apr
bit random from the Falcons after paying out for Kirk

cant wait to see how the Bears feck it up
09:39, Fri 26 Apr
Aiyuk is going to be joining his big mate Jayden, thanks in advance šŸ˜‰
09:42, Fri 26 Apr
Great first choice for the Lions along with the picks trade off with the Cowboys
09:44, Fri 26 Apr
I would prefer to get rid of Deebo if one of them had to go.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:50, Fri 26 Apr
Rumours are he's more likely to be traded.

Happy with the eagles pick. Was assumed they would have to trade up so added bonus they didn't have to.

Contract extension to Brown made it a great day.

Go birds.
09:53, Fri 26 Apr
NouCamp
bit random from the Falcons after paying out for Kirk

cant wait to see how the Bears feck it up

I can see the logic of what the Falcons did, relatively long term thinking by them and could see them pretty settled at QB for the next 10 years without the drop off most teams get on drafting a QB.

Penix seems an odd choice for the role though, given what has been said about him - seems more ready for now with probably a lower potential ceiling that someone like McCarthy who sounds as if he is rawer but more potential. No pay off on it for 2 years probably, which is a long time to wait to see if it is smart, while everyone questions what they did.

I'm sure the Bears will manage the situation well - they have already seen off two top 10 QB picks in the last decade. They have real experience of messing up promising QBs.
09:57, Fri 26 Apr
How does the draft work? Do the NFL teams pay transfer fees to the college they pick from?
10:11, Fri 26 Apr
foghorn leghorn
How does the draft work? Do the NFL teams pay transfer fees to the college they pick from?

Not as far as I know - the incentive for colleges is if they have a reputation for producing NFL players from their football programmes then it is easier for them to attract the best prospects. Which in turn brings more money into the college - college football is a big money business for everyone except the players (though that is changing now).
10:16, Fri 26 Apr
Let's be honest, I'd take either! But in reality I think unless we trade a number of picks we don't have the value to offer. So the next 8 picks need to cover OL, CB, TE and WR. No pressure.
10:24, Fri 26 Apr
Iā€™d rather read about sports than some of the crap from people asking about how to wipe their own arses or catch a train šŸ˜‚
10:30, Fri 26 Apr
foghorn leghorn

Not as far as I know - the incentive for colleges is if they have a reputation for producing NFL players from their football programmes then it is easier for them to attract the best prospects. Which in turn brings more money into the college - college football is a big money business for everyone except the players (though that is changing now).

I've seen that they can draw crowds of 100,000 in places like Baton Rogue, so the money involved must be huge. Which college did Brady play for?