12:30, Fri 26 Apr
Another rock legend sadly passed away.RIP Mike.
12:50, Fri 26 Apr
Last of the original Moody Blues, one of the symbols of my youth.

Sad news indeed. RIP Mike.
22:03, Fri 26 Apr
Had been living with dementia for the last few years.

RIP Sir
07:33, Sat 27 Apr
The Moody Blues aren't my thing, but he was clearly a talented musician. Nights in White Satin isn't just a great track, it's a work of art.

RIP sir.
07:42, Sat 27 Apr
kevb8ll
The Moody Blues aren't my thing, but he was clearly a talented musician. Nights in White Satin isn't just a great track, it's a work of art.

RIP sir.
was written by Justin Hayward, was a great song though, Mike Pinder was Erdington born, yet another Brummie legend gone ..RIP
08:06, Sat 27 Apr
gerry1875
kevb8ll

RIP sir.
was written by Justin Hayward, was a great song though, Mike Pinder was Erdington born, yet another Brummie legend gone ..RIP

You're right Hayward did write it, I was just making a general point about the song - Pinder was in the band when they recorded it though.
08:25, Sat 27 Apr
kevb8ll
gerry1875
kevb8ll

RIP sir.

You're right Hayward did write it, I was just making a general point about the song - Pinder was in the band when they recorded it though.
Pinder was a great musician, like yourself I am not the Moodys greatest fan, but some of the early stuff they did was good, a lot of people think Denny Laine wrote " Go Now" it was actually performed by a woman called Bessie Banks written by Larry Banks , must admit though Denny Laine did a great version.
KC
12:29, Sat 27 Apr
Early Moody Blues. Bulls Head top of Hay mills. Great nights.
13:16, Sat 27 Apr
kevb8ll

RIP sir.

Mine neither, but I salute him. Good local talent and 82 is a decent age for a musician, with all that road work.