13:13, Fri 26 Apr
IF we stay up: would you build the team around him?
13:21, Fri 26 Apr
Not for me. Hasn’t improved much on the potential he showed a couple of years ago.
13:22, Fri 26 Apr
What exactly are you expecting?

He's 19 and had half a dozen managers and god knows how many coaches in the last 12 months.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
He'll be gone whether we stay up or not, imo
Happy Clapper
Hi think JJ is a strange one. Surprisingly good first season, weighed down a little by expectation last year. Lost a little on the left with John Eustace, outstanding though for Wales and then all of a sudden finding space and a tremendous finishing ability with Rooney & also with Mowbray. However since late January his performances have been weak again. I still don't know if he is an OK footballer capable of performing well in pockets or a really good player who is just prone to runs of poor form given his age and lack of continuity of management.

If we are relegated and if he stopped which I doubt then I would hope he would run the show in League 1. Personally I think his career lies away from us whichever division we are in.
13:26, Fri 26 Apr
IanT
What exactly are you expecting?

He's 19 and had half a dozen managers and god knows how many coaches in the last 12 months.
It’s not exactly an unfair criticism, you wouldn’t build the team around him based on this- which is what the OP asked.
Gazball?
13:28, Fri 26 Apr
Sure, if hes played in his best position
13:28, Fri 26 Apr
Here we go again! Please tell me this is a wind up. It's a ridiculous thing to say and nobody can actually define what it means. Then after a couple of weeks hes suddenly "not good enough" and 'we should of cashed in on him".
13:33, Fri 26 Apr
Llanon_joe
Here we go again! Please tell me this is a wind up. It's a ridiculous thing to say and nobody can actually define what it means. Then after a couple of weeks hes suddenly "not good enough" and 'we should have cashed in on him".

I’ve only ever thought we should build the team around tbf

Take it you are on the same page? Who do you think would help bring out the best in him?
13:36, Fri 26 Apr
Yes he’s still young and has time to improve and the mess this year doesn’t help, but I wouldn’t build a team around him from what I’ve seen so far.
13:45, Fri 26 Apr
Madness people can’t see the common sense in this. He’s our Bellingham !!1 We need to absolutely build the team around him
13:47, Fri 26 Apr
If we can get £10m+ for him I'd sell. The FFP allowances that would bring in on top of the money we already have to spend would allow us to bring in better all round players than James.

Selling James strengthens the squad further.
13:52, Fri 26 Apr
If he’s played in his correct position absolutely.

As Mod says he will probably be off though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:54, Fri 26 Apr
He will be in the premier league far sooner than us
13:58, Fri 26 Apr
No, obviously I'm not on the same page. Please tell me what would be involved in "building a team around JJ". What would have to happen for this to be achieved? And then once this has been achieved what does our squad/team look like. What does our game play look like?