15:42, Mon 29 Apr
Petebaldwin
Super Hans
Winning gets them a better semi final anyway, anyone dreaming of them on the beach is wrong.

It's not about "being on the beach" though. It's about that extra little bit of desire and drive to win your 50/50, to put your body on the line, to risk getting injured.... It's a subconscious thing. If Hull go 6-0 up and Norwich are losing by a single goal meaning they'll miss out on the playoffs, they'll suddenly play with more determination than they would otherwise because they'd know they have to score. Well, we're in that situation right from kickoff so considering we're at home in front of a sold-out crowd, I'm expecting to see that sort of performance from us. I want to see players going down with cramp, struggling to breathe when they eventually come off... Anyone who doesn't give everything they have to win this game can eff off from the club. We can get out of it but it's going to have to be one of those performances where sheer determination wins it for us.
Marvellous stuff. 👌
Tony Fantastico
15:48, Mon 29 Apr
The best thing that can happen on Saturday (other than Blues scoring) if for Albion to go a goal or two down and the news quickly filtering it's way to the Norwich bench and players. They'll definitely ease off a little then, whilst Hull will get even more motivation.

Dont think it will happen though unfortunately.
15:51, Mon 29 Apr
Petebaldwin
Super Hans
Winning gets them a better semi final anyway, anyone dreaming of them on the beach is wrong.

It's not about "being on the beach" though. It's about that extra little bit of desire and drive to win your 50/50, to put your body on the line, to risk getting injured.... It's a subconscious thing. If Hull go 6-0 up and Norwich are losing by a single goal meaning they'll miss out on the playoffs, they'll suddenly play with more determination than they would otherwise because they'd know they have to score. Well, we're in that situation right from kickoff so considering we're at home in front of a sold-out crowd, I'm expecting to see that sort of performance from us. I want to see players going down with cramp, struggling to breathe when they eventually come off... Anyone who doesn't give everything they have to win this game can eff off from the club. We can get out of it but it's going to have to be one of those performances where sheer determination wins it for us.

They should be doing that after every game.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:05, Mon 29 Apr
There is no way psychologically that Norwich players will be up for it in the same way that we will be. We may say mathematically there is a chance they can drop out of the picture but I firmly believe their management team and the players themselves will have an eye on the play-offs. They wont fancy going toe to toe with a hostile crowd and what you would expect to be a bunch of players fighting for their survival in the division.

This is not their battle, that is to come in a week or so.

Of course our current crop have also showed the desire of a geriatric gerbil to pull us clear so that might be the floor in my confident optimism that we will definitely win on Saturday.
16:07, Mon 29 Apr
We've no idea to be fair. They could view it as a critical momentum builder. Pointless speculating.
16:42, Mon 29 Apr
Best thing we can do is absolutely volley their best player into the stands first 5 mins.

Maybe start someone like Gards, let him boot someone into next week, take a booking, bring him off. At that point they'll probably think, feck this, I don't fancy a broken leg for the playoffs and ease into challenges a bit more.
17:32, Mon 29 Apr
Super Hans
Petebaldwin
Super Hans

They should be doing that after every game.

I think it was a good post, but I also agree with you and therein lies the big problem with this team.
Where has that type of blood and guts been against Rotherham and Huddersfield? And many, many more games this season.
That they’ve even got to this stage, for me they can eff off whatever happens.
Can’t wait to see the back of many of them all being well, whatever happens on Saturday.
17:34, Mon 29 Apr
This is why many dispute they all always give 100%
Tony Fantastico
17:36, Mon 29 Apr
Hagley Blue
The best thing that can happen on Saturday (other than Blues scoring) if for Albion to go a goal or two down and the news quickly filtering it's way to the Norwich bench and players. They'll definitely ease off a little then, whilst Hull will get even more motivation.

Dont think it will happen though unfortunately.

If Albion go a goal down, then you’re still only an Albion equaliser and blues goal away from Albion being above Norwich in the ‘live’ table. Norwich aren’t going to do anything differently because of what’s happening at Albion.
17:39, Mon 29 Apr
No doubt in my mind mate.
Moot point anyway for me, because even if they are giving their all it’s just not good enough.
They are woefully short in so many key areas such as game management, concentration, etc.
Either way, most of them need clearing out.
Roll on next season.
17:54, Mon 29 Apr
i blame Rowett and the way he sets them up for the last 2 performances
18:04, Mon 29 Apr
27 points from 12 league games at home under JE/TM/GR

P12, W8, D3, L1, GS19, GC6

If they’ve done that without trying or being good enough then you should fancy our chances quite strongly!
Happy Clapper
18:28, Mon 29 Apr
You’ve got a different opinion to me clearly, which is fine.
As I’ve said, for me, whether they get over the line or not on Saturday won’t change my opinion of them one bit.
To me, you’ve proved my point. Because if these players were particularly good then they should be embarrassed by the fact they’ve only mustered 20 points from the other 33 games.
Even under our ‘better’ managers this season, our away record is not good enough. Not even close to being acceptable if they’re as good as, maybe, some suggest.
And at home, I think we burgled two wins under Eustace and one under Mowbray to be honest too.
I look at it over a season and I just see too many lapses in concentration, piss weak defending and wastefulness in front of goal. Too many times.
18:50, Mon 29 Apr
I’m not saying they’re really good, I think they’re probably mid-table, and it seems clear to me that they would be without you know what, mid-table with a good home record and a bad away record.

They might be workshy tossers who are crap and can’t defend, but it would be an incredible statistical coincidence that this only reared it’s head consistently during those two managerial spells, with the form going up and down perfectly in line with the appointments/departures.

For it to happen once could be a fluke, perhaps even twice, for it to happen four times is quite telling.
Happy Clapper