17:37, Mon 29 Apr
Went to see this at the Royal Festival Hall on Friday.

I was a bit nervous when I went in, as it's a proper old crowd - but needn't have worried - the place went off.

Lovely to see a load of old folk all properly going for it with the dancing. Lots of them were proper good too!
18:59, Mon 29 Apr
fradge

I was a bit nervous when I went in, as it's a proper old crowd - but needn't have worried - the place went off.

Lovely to see a load of old folk all properly going for it with the dancing. Lots of them were proper good too!

How old is "old"?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
08:38, Tue 30 Apr
B_C_F_C
fradge

How old is "old"?

50s & up.

I'm nearly 60 myself before I get accused of being ageist.
08:45, Tue 30 Apr
I've tried to like Northern Soul but I can only give it so much time, I do have a little on my playlist. It's very strong in the Brit/Irish bars in my regular holiday haunt but I'd say the age group is mostly 60s-70s. The dancing is great but that's no use to me because I've always been atrocious at all forms.
11:57, Tue 30 Apr
Miguelagenn
I've tried to like Northern Soul but I can only give it so much time, I do have a little on my playlist. It's very strong in the Brit/Irish bars in my regular holiday haunt but I'd say the age group is mostly 60s-70s. The dancing is great but that's no use to me because I've always been atrocious at all forms.

I think you have to see it in its natural environment (clubs) to really appreciate it, but it can be magnificent with the right crowd.

Friday reawakened my old love of it - so much so that I'm very much considering a Northern Soul all-nighter at the 100 club for my 60th.

A snippet of an old favourite for those who don't know much about it.

[www.google.com]
12:07, Tue 30 Apr
Were the singers the same as the Prom last summer do you know?
12:58, Tue 30 Apr
number8
Were the singers the same as the Prom last summer do you know?

I think so. Certainly most of them.

Fantastic voices.
13:22, Tue 30 Apr
👍