12:13, Wed 1 May
My Blue Heaven
That’s exactly what I’ve said?

Sorry, posting when distracted - I didn't mean to suggest I was disagreeing.
12:23, Wed 1 May
I blame Sanderson's lack of concentration on 23rd December against Plymouth. That was the sliding door moment.

We had the open house which seemed to buy Rooney some support, or at least reduced the disdain for him. We won at Cardiff and then played some attractive but at time kamikaze football in that 2-3 Leicester reverse. Then we we frankly battering Plymouth 2-0, playing really good football and it should have been more but at the very least we were heading in at half time in a solid position. Dion had one of his many moments of lackadaisy and we allowed them back in. Belik gets a red for a challenge he wouldn't have made had we not been under pressure and we don't win a game which was in the bag.

Then it all goes Pete Tong, Rooney retreated into his inner John Eustace/Gary Rowett mustn't lose shell which was a disaster and the rest of the dominos fell.
12:30, Wed 1 May
Yeah the Rooney saga, then blaming Cook still months on is annoying as well what's been mentioned with outside journos slating us now despite not giving a damn under our previous troubles
12:35, Wed 1 May
Thongs
So basically you loathe Rags and Rasputin.

I’m with you on one of those.

You're a bully.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:41, Wed 1 May
Yeah I’m sick of this season, and looking forward to next season where hopefully we can rebuild. Whether that’s in the championship or league 1, it is what it is.
My Blue Heaven
Sacking Eustace was never the problem, the blow they replaced him with was.

Had Mowbray not fallen ill we’d be 100% safe by now.

It’s a effing shambles really.

It's both, IMO.

We wouldn't have gone down under JE; he had a better squad than the previous one he kept us up comfortably with. Those at the top tried to rush progress and have ended up dragging us backwards.
If they'd sacked Eustace and replaced him with Mowbray we'd have been fine. It's the bloke inbetween that was the problem.

Likewise, if they'd got Rowett in as soon as Mowbray went off ill we'd also have been fine.
H

Consistently correct.
That’s my thoughts
12:47, Wed 1 May
bluer than blues
My Blue Heaven

It's both, IMO.

We wouldn't have gone down under JE; he had a better squad than the previous one he kept us up comfortably with. Those at the top tried to rush progress and have ended up dragging us backwards.

Keeping this post on the off chance Blackburn go down instead of us.
12:48, Wed 1 May
not sure they'd have replaced Eustace with Mowbray due to their desire at the time for a name.

its probably a mistake that was always going to be made before learning from it
12:50, Wed 1 May
El Mayor
bluer than blues
My Blue Heaven

It's both, IMO.

That's irrelevant, IMO. He's stepped into a team at Blackburn that is used to playing high tempo, front-footed attacking football. At us, he cultivated a cautious, defensive, low-risk team, and the players signed in the summer suited that style.

It's apples and oranges, frankly.
12:55, Wed 1 May
bluer than blues
El Mayor
bluer than blues
My Blue Heaven

It's both, IMO.

That's irrelevant, IMO. He's stepped into a team at Blackburn that is used to playing high tempo, front-footed attacking football. At us, he cultivated a cautious, defensive, low-risk team, and the players signed in the summer suited that style.

It's apples and oranges, frankly.

Sounds like you’re making excuses to me.
12:59, Wed 1 May
El Mayor
bluer than blues
My Blue Heaven

It's both, IMO.

I don't think it's comparable either tbh.

I don't think we'd have gone down with Eustace in charge.

That wasn't the benchmark for the season though, so it doesn't really matter.
H

Consistently correct.
13:03, Wed 1 May
Barking Poslethwaite
Blueysoa
"You were 6th when you sacked eustace" i swear I'll probably kill someone before the years out.
every neutral fan i come across either in the pub, at work or in the street, trots out that sentence. Drives me insane, now i can't even be bothered to argue the toss. Roll on 24/25 whatever happens before.

There's not really any toss to argue. It's what happened.

Rasputin
Why go insane about something that is true?

Do you both think we were in sixth place when the decision was made to get rid of him, rather than we'd just won two games in the few days leading up to the day he left when the decision had already been made some time earlier?

You're right, we can't argue we were in sixth on the day his sacking was announced - it's a fact.

But I'd argue that we weren't sitting in sixth place when the decision to get rid of him was initially made.
J_D
13:07, Wed 1 May
GBBlue
I blame Sanderson's lack of concentration on 23rd December against Plymouth. That was the sliding door moment.

We had the open house which seemed to buy Rooney some support, or at least reduced the disdain for him. We won at Cardiff and then played some attractive but at time kamikaze football in that 2-3 Leicester reverse. Then we we frankly battering Plymouth 2-0, playing really good football and it should have been more but at the very least we were heading in at half time in a solid position. Dion had one of his many moments of lackadaisy and we allowed them back in. Belik gets a red for a challenge he wouldn't have made had we not been under pressure and we don't win a game which was in the bag.

Then it all goes Pete Tong, Rooney retreated into his inner John Eustace/Gary Rowett mustn't lose shell which was a disaster and the rest of the dominos fell.

100% agree. Plymouth away was the moment when the wheels began to fall off.

I do often wonder how the rest of the season would have panned out after those decent performances, along with comfortably beating Plymouth? More to the point, where would we have finished under Rooney?! FWIW (which isn't a lot), I think we would be sitting just about safe now if we had won that game