07:36, Thu 2 May
Tandy
is indefensible.

So what do you want to happen to them?

Nothing, other than if we go down a frank admission they got it wrong and an understanding that on the football side of things, they need to be better.

That's already happened, pay attention bab.
07:42, Thu 2 May
Tandy
Tandy
is indefensible.

Nothing, other than if we go down a frank admission they got it wrong and an understanding that on the football side of things, they need to be better.

That's already happened, pay attention bab.
I’ve just shared what Tom Wagner said, we hadn’t been relegated at that point. I understand everybody will have different tolerances to how full an admission it is - I also appreciate I’m in the minority that struggles to get excited by everything else they’re doing when they’ve nuked our season.
07:43, Thu 2 May
TinaTractor
El Mayor
TinaTractor
Tandy
is indefensible.

Cook will know he can’t afford to do that again - both financially for the club and professionally for himself.

Maybe I’m just overly sceptical but they can have all the plans they like and make all the commercial progress as we have seen, but they can’t make poor footballing decisions like they had this season again.

They have said they got it wrong; they admitted the timing was poor and that they shouldn’t have interrupted the forward momentum we had. They know they need to get it right.

Not sure what else you want mate.

I don’t want anything else, although his actual words were:

"We made one decision that, if we were to go back in time we wouldn't have made, In the context of having made thousands of decisions for the club this season, we made one decision [in sacking Eustace] that wasn't perfect.“

I’d argue it was a long way off being perfect and the decision making process to get there has hopefully been properly scrutinised.

Similarly, I’m not all aboard the hype train given they’ve probably achieved in their first season what 13 years of mismanagement by the assorted crooks previously in charge haven’t been able to. If they don’t then, I’ll be more comfortable in chalking it up as ‘learning’ and moving on.

What about the response Wagner made to me at the open house about the lessons learned? You ain’t quoted that.

I’m a sceptic, I don’t really like Cook and I’ll always hold people to account cos it’s who I am … but you appear to be taking it a lot more personally than I am.
07:49, Thu 2 May
El Mayor
TinaTractor
El Mayor
TinaTractor
Tandy
is indefensible.

Cook will know he can’t afford to do that again - both financially for the club and professionally for himself.

Maybe I’m just overly sceptical but they can have all the plans they like and make all the commercial progress as we have seen, but they can’t make poor footballing decisions like they had this season again.

They have said they got it wrong; they admitted the timing was poor and that they shouldn’t have interrupted the forward momentum we had. They know they need to get it right.

Not sure what else you want mate.

I don’t want anything else, although his actual words were:

"We made one decision that, if we were to go back in time we wouldn't have made, In the context of having made thousands of decisions for the club this season, we made one decision [in sacking Eustace] that wasn't perfect.“

I’d argue it was a long way off being perfect and the decision making process to get there has hopefully been properly scrutinised.

Similarly, I’m not all aboard the hype train given they’ve probably achieved in their first season what 13 years of mismanagement by the assorted crooks previously in charge haven’t been able to. If they don’t then, I’ll be more comfortable in chalking it up as ‘learning’ and moving on.

What about the response Wagner made to me at the open house about the lessons learned? You ain’t quoted that.

I’m a sceptic, I don’t really like Cook and I’ll always hold people to account cos it’s who I am … but you appear to be taking it a lot more personally than I am.

I probably am and I don’t trust Cook… but in general with the board, as you’ve said before ‘show me don’t tell me’
08:04, Thu 2 May
That’s fair… but

A) you mention the previous years of mess. That’s had a huge knock on effect this season, and while there have been what have turned out to be some boneheaded decisions there have also been issues that are going to take a while to iron out.

B) it was always going to take time. You can’t write them off because they made one error, even if it gets us relegated. Sometimes you have to take a backward step to take a few forward; the most important thing is that they’ve learned from it and we can only judge that with time.

I always believe that the only way to judge how good the board are is how they react to adversity. I think they deserve our trust right now; it’s up to them to show that trust was deserved.
08:05, Thu 2 May
Two errors.
08:14, Thu 2 May
El Mayor
That’s fair… but

A) you mention the previous years of mess. That’s had a huge knock on effect this season, and while there have been what have turned out to be some boneheaded decisions there have also been issues that are going to take a while to iron out.

B) it was always going to take time. You can’t write them off because they made one error, even if it gets us relegated. Sometimes you have to take a backward step to take a few forward; the most important thing is that they’ve learned from it and we can only judge that with time.

I always believe that the only way to judge how good the board are is how they react to adversity. I think they deserve our trust right now; it’s up to them to show that trust was deserved.

For the most part I agree with you but on point A) the board knew this more than anybody so why create more chaos rather than consolidate and then kick on? They just had to steady the ship this season - rather than sink it.

And again B) you’re right - but by their own admission they wouldn’t have invested in us had we gone down. So to then see us relegated the following season I think it’s fair to assume this is backward step too far.

I think off the field they have certainly done enough to deserve our trust so far - on the pitch definitely not. So I suppose I’m in the same position as you where it’s up to them - I’m just in a ‘trust neutral’ position.
08:17, Thu 2 May
The other point about the decision is that it smacked so much of the Zola decision. Had the club not gone through that then the Rooney decision would have been received, if not exactly with positivity, then not with so much negativity. And again had we hung on for another minute in his first game then that too would have meant his start would not have instantly attracted all the negative publicity and the opposite-halo effect.
08:24, Thu 2 May
Blueysoa
"You were 6th when you sacked eustace" i swear I'll probably kill someone before the years out.
every neutral fan i come across either in the pub, at work or in the street, trots out that sentence. Drives me insane, now i can't even be bothered to argue the toss. Roll on 24/25 whatever happens before.

The irony .....
Bloke don't want yet another discussion about Eustace and then starts one.

Reported !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:45, Thu 2 May
Blueysoa
"You were 6th when you sacked eustace" i swear I'll probably kill someone before the years out.
every neutral fan i come across either in the pub, at work or in the street, trots out that sentence. Drives me insane, now i can't even be bothered to argue the toss. Roll on 24/25 whatever happens before.

I am sick of it, but the timing of sacking someone when there doing well will always make them martyr ( see gary rowett). Especially if the successor doesn't do well. Look at Bournemouth, if iraola had stunk out the place the whole narrative would of been about them and getting rid of Garry O'Neil this year. But they did the smart thing and did it in the summer. Manager has time to implement a play style and recruit for it.

Timing was all wrong, it is what it is, let's see what they do next year whatever division we're in.
09:22, Thu 2 May
Blueysoa

I am sick of it, but the timing of sacking someone when there doing well will always make them martyr ( see gary rowett). Especially if the successor doesn't do well. Look at Bournemouth, if iraola had stunk out the place the whole narrative would of been about them and getting rid of Garry O'Neil this year. But they did the smart thing and did it in the summer. Manager has time to implement a play style and recruit for it.

Timing was all wrong, it is what it is, let's see what they do next year whatever division we're in.

The Bournemouth fella did stink the place out initially
The owners aren't infallible, they're going to make mistakes.

They made a huge mistake with Hertz and their Tesla strategy, they're going to get things wrong. They're guys who generally get things right long term though.

We need to show some patience.
H

Consistently correct.
09:45, Thu 2 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Blueysoa

The Bournemouth fella did stink the place out initially

And early season that whole narrative was prevalent when wolves started well. Then they turned the corner and the system clicked. They weren't trying make fundamental changes in October in the hardest run of fixtures.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it's happened I just want to know what league we're in
Tam
09:46, Thu 2 May
Of course we do. A combination of bad decisions (addressed quickly at the only time really possible to do it logically) coupled with a very good decision and then sheer bad luck.

Errors have been acknowledged and I'm looking beyond Saturday now and looking forward to the future regardless of what division we're in next season.
Make Blues Great Again
09:46, Thu 2 May
No no no, I steadfastly refuse to get excited about these owners as they got one managerial appointment wrong.

The £2-3 billion they have committed to investing in us be damned.