12:05, Wed 1 May
[theathletic.com]

Won't it be really interesting to see if they get the same negative public reaction we got from it.

We're also in a much, much better position to do this I would argue being in the second city of England, rather than a small town in Wales.
12:07, Wed 1 May
Are they going to beg the council for a grant for it and throw a tantrum when they rightly get told to FO like they did when they got turned down for funding for a new stand?
12:40, Wed 1 May
if they are replacing stand by stand it cant be THAT much more expensive to put up a 15k stand than a 10k one

could then host international fixtures etc
12:43, Wed 1 May
“But then there are some things that just seem like hurdles for hurdle’s sake. It’s a lot harder to build in the UK than, I found, almost anywhere else in the world.”

explains quite a lot
12:43, Wed 1 May
I’m sure all the media and pundits who reacted negatively to ours, will be saying how this is such a brilliant thing for Wrexham.
13:12, Wed 1 May
Wrexham's catchment area is arguably two-thirds of Wales
13:13, Wed 1 May
Bluenose27
I’m sure all the media and pundits who reacted negatively to ours, will be saying how this is such a brilliant thing for Wrexham.

Who exactly reacted negatively?
13:16, Wed 1 May
That two thirds of Wales is relatively sparsely populated compared to South Wales
13:26, Wed 1 May
Seth Grayson

Entirety of Wales is about 3.3m and Cardiff & Swansea amounts for about 600-700k of that. Wales still primarily is a rugby nation. Few more football fans in the south than the north I believe although happy to be corrected by someone who lives there.

The population of Birmingham of roughly 1.1m, and that's just the city itself, not including surrounding areas, not including the travel links we have nor the heightened general interest in football.

Even this aside, going from a 12k to a 45-55k stadium is a massive, massive jump in crowds. Even historically they haven't had huge numbers before all seating was a thing.

You could very much argue it's a bigger gamble for them than it is for us. Sports quarter extras notwithstanding.

Hagley Blue
Bluenose27

Most of the media, pundits and wider social media. I'm sure there's been some, but I can't even recall any positive takes on it from outside the club.
13:28, Wed 1 May
Simon Jordan was positive but I didn’t pay much attention otherwise

FEA
13:29, Wed 1 May
mjd2505
Seth Grayson

Entirety of Wales is about 3.3m and Cardiff & Swansea amounts for about 600-700k of that. Wales still primarily is a rugby nation. Few more football fans in the south than the north I believe although happy to be corrected by someone who lives there.

The population of Birmingham of roughly 1.1m, and that's just the city itself, not including surrounding areas, not including the travel links we have nor the heightened general interest in football.

Even this aside, going from a 12k to a 45-55k stadium is a massive, massive jump in crowds. Even historically they haven't had huge numbers before all seating was a thing.

You could very much argue it's a bigger gamble for them than it is for us. Sports quarter extras notwithstanding.

Hagley Blue
Bluenose27

Most of the media, pundits and wider social media. I'm sure there's been some, but I can't even recall any positive takes on it from outside the club.

Other than fans of other clubs piping up on Twitter with the usual “they can’t even fill the one they’ve got” comments I’ve seen nothing negative at all.
13:31, Wed 1 May
Lichfield Blues
That two thirds of Wales is relatively sparsely populated compared to South Wales

So what? Still enough people living there that if Wrexham climb the leagues that they would potentially be able to fill a stadium that grew ever bigger as well.
13:33, Wed 1 May
Ah - I do remember that, tell a lie. But Jim White was providing the view I'd seen from the vast majority of people on that very same show. It was nice for him to defend us for once
13:34, Wed 1 May
Seth Grayson
Lichfield Blues

So what? Still enough people living there that if Wrexham climb the leagues that they would potentially be able to fill a stadium that grew ever bigger as well.

Potentially, but our catchment I'd argue is still bigger. Hence my original point of it'll be interesting to see how the media and general public respond to it.
13:36, Wed 1 May
mjd2505
Wales still primarily is a rugby nation. Few more football fans in the south than the north I believe although happy to be corrected by someone who lives there.

It's pretty much 50/50 now, I think wales international games get bigger crowds but at club level more people watch football than rugby. I'd say football is faster growing and will continue to be so. It's a stretch for them but it won't only be for footy... a bit like our stadium.

They're demonstrating the exact same american ambition as our owners are, it'd be a bit silly to doubt them but think ours is foolproof.