09:19, Thu 2 May
Tam
You should care about what is happening at Blackburn because it is germane to endless threads on here about Eustace. Last season was pretty poor. 6 homes wins I think. The fact we avoided last day drama colours some people’s views with a rosy hue, but it was, overall, poor.

Even in the short spell at the start of this season we had really poor games and we can see that he’s done worse than the previous bloke at Blackburn. So if we want to consider how good a manager Eustace might be,and how much of a blow losing him was we need to look at all the available evidence.
09:21, Thu 2 May
Seeing as he's shit the bed at Blackburn I don't think anyone will need to pay them anything.
09:22, Thu 2 May
lost season post the world cup our form was arguably worse than at points of this season.

Other clubs would have sacked JE then
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
09:23, Thu 2 May
Bit of a moronic thread with a few moronic replies to boot.

I'm neutral on JE and would rather have TM but I'm telling you this, we wouldn't be in this mess if we'd kept JE. The funny thing I've noticed for all the JE haters there's many on here who can't stop talking about him.
Bit of a moronic thread with a few moronic replies to boot.

I'm neutral on JE and would rather have TM but I'm telling you this, we wouldn't be in this mess if we'd kept JE. The funny thing I've noticed for all the JE haters there's many on here who can't stop talking about him.

1 Rude.Reported

2 prove it.
Tam
09:28, Thu 2 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
You should care about what is happening at Blackburn because it is germane to endless threads on here about Eustace. Last season was pretty poor. 6 homes wins I think. The fact we avoided last day drama colours some people’s views with a rosy hue, but it was, overall, poor.

Even in the short spell at the start of this season we had really poor games and we can see that he’s done worse than the previous bloke at Blackburn. So if we want consider how good a manager Eustace might be,and how much of a blow losing him was we need to look at all the available evidence.

I don’t really care because I don’t want him back. If we’re looking at all of the available evidence though, then we should look at it being the first opportunity that he had to have a pre season with this squad, and indeed with this squad instead of last seasons squad. We had four home wins by the time he was sacked in October, so it’s reasonable to suggest that we may have bettered last seasons tally.

So, no, I don’t really care about what’s been happening at Blackburn apart from hoping that they’re one of the sides that lose on the last day so that our last day drama, which we didn’t have last season as you rightly point out, might salvage this miserable season.

Edit: it was 7 home wins last season and 7 away. 9 home so far this season (4 under Eustace) so let’s hope that we make it 10.
Make Blues Great Again
09:36, Thu 2 May
No, Mowbray is a lot better

There were never really any Eustace fans, just people who thought he was doing relatively well and thought we should only replace him (during the season) with someone better

I didn't want Rooney and thought it would be a disaster, because I thought he was shit, and not better than Eustace, that was it really.

Nobody thought Eustace was the second coming of Guardiola or Klopp either, but the irony is those people who came out with that garbage now reckon the squad is awful and full of w******s and by claiming that they are massively over-egging the job Eustace did, Eustace being bang average and the squad being terrible cannot both be true.
Happy Clapper
09:45, Thu 2 May
I’m the first to admit, I like eustace. I think he’s a decent coach, certainly a good motivator with our squad. He had a really bad spell after the World Cup but prior and after that spell got results that would’ve made us competitive. The football wasn’t great but at what cost do you change that mid season. We will find out Saturday

Had we gone from him to Mowbray it would’ve been absolutely fine.

Rooney was a disaster despite what some of the same people that were buzzing initially for zola said at the time. Rooney was a fraud propped up by McLaren and roseneior
09:56, Thu 2 May
100%.

We didn't need to do anything radical on pitch this season. A mid table finish with a century's worth of off field excitement and ambition was more than enough. That's why the majority of supporters were horrified at the sacking. Not because they thought Eustace was the long term answer, but because they knew Rooney was a self inflicted hand grenade that would result in disaster and embarrassment.
09:59, Thu 2 May
Eustace is a good, albeit limited manager.

Mowbray is fantastic, we’re going to be ace next season.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:18, Thu 2 May
At the time he was sacked I was definitely worried that it was a bad decision and felt Eustace should have been given the season before a change was made. I did try to give Rooney the benefit of the doubt - his record wasn't great in his past jobs but he did have mitigations, frustratingly it seems like we were the club were he got to show he just isn't up the the job. Given how Hull have gone, it is very clear now were the positive parts of his time in charge of Derby came from.

I think Eustace is a decent manager and seems to be a decent person, given how he has handled himself and that he seemed to genuinely care about the job he was doing, so in general I wish him well. That said, I will be exact on Saturday if he is relegated, because that means we stay up.
10:41, Thu 2 May
Why do we keep coming back to this? He shouldn’t have been sacked when he did, and as has been said a billion times, if it was to bring in someone like Mowbray then it might have worked, but to bring Rooney in was stupid.

Would I want him back? No.