14:04, Thu 2 May
My Blue Heaven
No it wasn’t. The person who asked it, dropped a brick, read the room then backtracked

All he had to say is grew up around here and went to school around the corner
Trust me it wasn’t said with any agenda. I wouldn’t defend anyone doing it either.
Tony Fantastico
14:06, Thu 2 May
number8
I know the lad who said that and you'll have to trust me, it was totally just a balls up of expressing himself as opposed to any other motive as he is virulently anti-racism.

I'm taking no further questions.
Glad someone else has said this. I’ve spoken to him before and agree
Tony Fantastico
14:08, Thu 2 May
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven
No it wasn’t. The person who asked it, dropped a brick, read the room then backtracked

Trust me it wasn’t said with any agenda. I wouldn’t defend anyone doing it either.

Yeah, I have to admit it’s nerve wracking holding a mic in that situation and I can believe it’s easy to drop yourself in it by rambling and saying something you probably shouldn’t.
14:09, Thu 2 May
El Mayor
Super Hans
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

That was the first question as well, wasn't it? Sharp intake of breath time....

Am I to understand from this that the first question at the latest open house was someone whining about a mosque?

People were asked to introduce themselves before asking a question, first guy started saying he lives local, has been a blues fan his whole life and went to school round the corner etc etc...

Then said "Unfortunately that school is now a mosque but hey ho" or something to that effect.

It was tempered by adding something like 'because I'm not religious', but it had the capacity to go downhill rapidly.

Edit: Yes, the Eustace's relative's question was first. By the time the second question was asked, I imagine that they might have been questioning the wisdom of an open Q&A session.

Another edit: I have been informed by a poster that's currently not posting, but knows everything with Googling, that it was the first question. Fight amongst yourselves.

Like SHA’s version of Batman, watching from the shadows.

Checked my notes and it absolutely wasn’t.

First was someone asking them to not put a track around the new stadium, and something about the Birmingham Pub Bombings.

Eustace was third or fourth.
First was about who’d own the new stadium. I’m certain
Tony Fantastico
14:11, Thu 2 May
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven

Yeah, I have to admit it’s nerve wracking holding a mic in that situation and I can believe it’s easy to drop yourself in it by rambling and saying something you probably shouldn’t.
I don’t think he’s said something that shouldn’t be said. He’s sad it’s not a school anymore as he went there as a kid. I’m sad Cradley Speedway isn’t there anymore. If there’s a mosque there I’m not being racist to say I’m sad it’s not now a speedway track
Tony Fantastico
14:40, Thu 2 May
It wasn’t Rab.

I took notes - over 2000 words of them - while it was going on so I know for certain in this case.
14:49, Thu 2 May
I’ll ask generalBlue on Saturday and check
Tony Fantastico
15:27, Thu 2 May
Rab C Nesbitt

You can but if he disagrees he will be wrong too. 😀
15:31, Thu 2 May
Bluenose_68
[www.ttnews.com]

Interesting news that slipped out this week. Hertz taking a big hit on their results following their big bet on EVs

Knighthead had a massive gain on acquisition of Hertz, and their very nature as PE investors is they make big bets and some come off and some don’t

but in hindsight i wish this had been a question at the open house to TW - about whether he regrets this move into EVs and whether there were any parallels with the mis steps they’ve made with Bcfc

allright Tom? do you regret signing Andre Dozzell or buying Hertz? and what about them pink tabards. cheers mate
16:05, Thu 2 May
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt

You can but if he disagrees he will be wrong too. 😀
It certainly wasn’t from a person who asked about the running track AND mentioned the pub bombings 😁
Tony Fantastico