16:58, Sat 4 May
Could someone possibly up load his you tube interview from two years ago when he was appointed Technical Director. He explained his remit and how he would shape the identity of the club and how vital it was that incoming players were fully vetted in all aspects of their ability and character.

If by a man’s work shall you judge him!!

Please Tom, do the necessary, never has our recruitment been so poor, and never has our recruitment been so vital for the coming season.
17:04, Sat 4 May

there ya go mate..
17:05, Sat 4 May
Recruitment is the one aspect we absolutely have to get right next season. We’ve got the money supposedly. We need to make sure it’s spent wisely. I’d relieve Gardner of his role in recruitment personally, keep him at the club by all means, but put him somewhere else.
17:08, Sat 4 May
I don’t dislike Gardner like lots do but we need the best we can get in every position at the club and Gardner isn’t even close to that.
17:11, Sat 4 May
I don’t dislike him either. Scored important goals for us. But yeah I agree, he’s not good enough.
17:14, Sat 4 May
We need to nail down a recruitment team and management team that can all work towards the same footballing philosophy. Oh and we need to identify what that philosophy is.
17:16, Sat 4 May
bluer than blues
We need to nail down a recruitment team and management team that can all work towards the same footballing philosophy. Oh and we need to identify what that philosophy is.

Just no Rooney ball please. Think we need to have some steel and bite behind us in League One.
03:24, Sun 5 May
A good architect would research all of his components, ensure they have the right properties and quality to suit the overall design and that nothing was missed.

I’m afraid the current incumbent went to B&Q on a trolley dash, did no research (or did it poorly) cobbled together a team of misfits, and missed the most vital part (a bloody striker) completely.

Hence the building collapsed.
johnthefence
A good architect would research all of his components, ensure they have the right properties and quality to suit the overall design and that nothing was missed.

I’m afraid the current incumbent went to B&Q on a trolley dash, did no research (or did it poorly) cobbled together a team of misfits, and missed the most vital part (a bloody striker) completely.

That's a bit unfair isn't it?

The scouting department was pretty much scrapped under the old owners. Using a scouting database to find such gems as Brock Madsen.

We has been surviving off his close friendship with Darren Fletcher to sign players with no system in place. Last year we signed Chong and Hannibal as a result of that relationship.

Haven't we spent the last year building a scouting department? As far as I was aware, Frank Mcpharland now has a major role in the scouting department and has since February 2023.

People keep going on about a striker, but pretty much all 6 managers have played with 1 striker. We had three strikers on the books, one being a well paid Scott Hogan. With little room to manoeuvre with FFP, you can understand why more money wasn't spent on more strikers when we were already lumbered with Hogan and an aging Juke.

It hasn't been as much a trolly dash in B&Q without any research, we are literally have been picking through the bins outside B&Q for anything broken that could do a job.
We've been effed for money haven't we, due to Ren Dong and the other arseholes who had us in their clutches?
Next season will be different, judge him then. If Knighthead want to bring someone else in though, I'm fine with that.
Up the feckin Blues
07:36, Sun 5 May
What does this help to achieve?
ThekombiChronicles
johnthefence

That's a bit unfair isn't it?

The scouting department was pretty much scrapped under the old owners. Using a scouting database to find such gems as Brock Madsen.

We has been surviving off his close friendship with Darren Fletcher to sign players with no system in place. Last year we signed Chong and Hannibal as a result of that relationship.

Haven't we spent the last year building a scouting department? As far as I was aware, Frank Mcpharland now has a major role in the scouting department and has since February 2023.

People keep going on about a striker, but pretty much all 6 managers have played with 1 striker. We had three strikers on the books, one being a well paid Scott Hogan. With little room to manoeuvre with FFP, you can understand why more money wasn't spent on more strikers when we were already lumbered with Hogan and an aging Juke.

It hasn't been as much a trolly dash in B&Q without any research, we are literally have been picking through the bins outside B&Q for anything broken that could do a job.

This is absolutely spot on. We had players last season with zero value. This season we could probably sell every player we own and get a fee. Yes a striker wasn't bought but was that because they wouldn't come, not because we didn't try. No one moaned about any of our close season signings with the exception of Burke. Even yesterday I read someone say a Rooney should have been given a window to get players in. How about giving Gardner a summer when he has cheque book, and can buy players rather than just pick the best of who will come?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Carnall and Macparland (sp) have to earn their corn this summer. Any players wanting to leave should be sold. Hopefully TM is back and he needs to dictate the style of play and then the type of players to fit the system.
There will be thousands of out of contract players, we don't need to pay fees only wages with a hefty promotion bonus as the big carrot. Craig remains in place as overseer of the whole operation. This is now the perfect time for a massive reset from top to bottom. KRO
08:14, Sun 5 May
Jameron Cerome

Let’s just say it’s my parting shot for the summer and if it helps one iota in a decision to revamp the recruitment department, which has been pathetic, and negligent in the extreme then it’s achieved that.
TW and Knighthead are obviously successful and exceptionally wealthy and professional, and the future with them is almost limitless, l’d hate to see this opportunity flounder.
I have no doubt that Craig Gardner is a lovely chap, and his heart is in the right place, and is deserving of a role somewhere in the club, but these guys are intent on building us into a premier league powerhouse, and we need a Technical Director who a little more “professional” and well connected than a local lad who is pals with an ex Man U player who can throw us a few loans.
08:37, Sun 5 May
johnthefence
Jameron Cerome

Let’s just say it’s my parting shot for the summer and if it helps one iota in a decision to revamp the recruitment department, which has been pathetic, and negligent in the extreme then it’s achieved that.

Every player. Except maybe 2 (Sunjic & Sanderson) is worth more than what we paid, because they are worth more than free.

You need to look at things from a different angle and get over the blind hatred