19:01, Sat 4 May
Felix1875
Rowett had away games against teams struggling at the bottom (QPR, Rotherham, Hudds) and home games which were winnable (Preston, Cardiff, Cov & Norwich 'on the beach') - you can't extrapolate his points across a whole season. The only tough game was Leicester away. We should have got more points from these fixtures, and knowing that we needed a win against either Rotherham or Hudds to keep our destiny under our own control, and then playing for a draw in both is pure incompetence.

Exactly right. I understand why Blues appointed him, and I thought he’d keep us up, but GR has been poor. Even today, in a home game we had to win, he set up to not concede. playing deep and with one striker who can’t play the lone striker role. The selection/positioning of Paik was odd, and James was played too deep, given his record of goals and assists.
19:24, Sat 4 May
I think Eustace did better than Rowett, they both play negative football, but at least Eustace played players in their positions (strange concept). Paik played like a forward today, if you want a player in that position then T.Roberts would have done better.

I don't think I'll ever get past the selection of Oli Burke, it was like trying to detox your digestive system using cyanide.
19:41, Sat 4 May
Bluestaines
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Chin up Gary. It had nothing to do with you

He achieved 2 points less than Mowbray did in the same number of games but apparently relegation is Rowett's fault and Mowbray is a genius?

Some people's prejudices know no bounds.
His remit was to keep us up. A great set of fixtures. He failed. He’s a DvB. Get rid quick
Tony Fantastico
19:42, Sat 4 May
Glad he'll never darken our door again.

Disgusting to have not beaten either Rotherham or Huddersfield.
19:45, Sat 4 May
Yep can’t wait to get rid of him for good, insufferable

Fresh faces only going forward please, clean slate for a new beginning
"Gary Rowett feeling extreme disappointment"

Hey that's exactly how I felt when I saw Burke was starting at Rotherham.
19:45, Sat 4 May
Waggeh=Proper Blues
Tony Fantastico
19:48, Sat 4 May
This.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
19:52, Sat 4 May
It's sort of a shame he was only here on a temporary basis.

Would have been nice to sack him again.
19:54, Sat 4 May
Royale Blue FEA

At least the chunt won’t get a huge bonus
Royale Blue FEA

A game where we should have just battered them and attacked with footballers we revert to the waste of space in our squad. Rowettball bollix got us relegated 😡
The Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield’performances’ ultimately cost him and us. Glad we’re going to move on from the likes of him.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
20:02, Sat 4 May
Waggeh
It's sort of a shame he was only here on a temporary basis.

Would have been nice to sack him again.
😂
Tony Fantastico
20:22, Sat 4 May
Felix1875
Rowett had away games against teams struggling at the bottom (QPR, Rotherham, Hudds) and home games which were winnable (Preston, Cardiff, Cov & Norwich 'on the beach') - you can't extrapolate his points across a whole season. The only tough game was Leicester away. We should have got more points from these fixtures, and knowing that we needed a win against either Rotherham or Hudds to keep our destiny under our own control, and then playing for a draw in both is pure incompetence.

I came here to say exactly this but you have done it for me the draws against Rotherham and Huddersfield sealed our fate we should have been flat out for a win in both we went in to both not to lose
20:38, Sat 4 May
👍
Tony Fantastico