07:43, Sun 5 May
Rooney is the reason we’re relegated. It was a disaster of a decision.

There is no point in crying over spilt milk just get over it and get on with it ! Onwards and upwards
08:04, Sun 5 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
It was just our year, we'd been flirting with it for far too many seasons for it not to eventually happen. We'd stayed up before though a lot of luck, this year it ran out - who'd of thought Blackburn and Plymouth would both have won their very tough games as well?
Forwards, next season will be a good one

as an insurance against what happened i had a tenner at 46.summot to 1 on blackburn/plymouth/wednesday to all win , it goes someway to show the likelihood of all of the results , i always thought we would win our game
08:37, Sun 5 May
The real reason we went down is because we were not good enough to stay up, we had some half decent individual performances but collectively as a team we were poor, we lacked leadership,we couldn't find any consistency due to the constant changes off the pitch with managers,I said many months ago that I had no trust in these players,not one of them had any fight in them,most will walk away now not giving a shit about the club, the fans or the relegation that they all contributed to.League tables don't lie you end up where you deserved to be, now it's up to the owners to do what they have spoken about,although I have never heard them talk about a world class team, their focus seems to be more about building this sports arena and what that will bring to the city,well Mr Wagner and Co build us a decent team on the field first and one that is going to push on with decent additions each season to continue progressing up the leagues,all in all season 23-24 is always going in the history books as a disaster and rightly so.
09:00, Sun 5 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
It was just our year, we'd been flirting with it for far too many seasons for it not to eventually happen. We'd stayed up before though a lot of luck, this year it ran out - who'd of thought Blackburn and Plymouth would both have won their very tough games as well?
Agree with most of the above.The ones trying to put all the blame on to Rowett's 8 games seem very short sighted. I think most would have thought 3 wins and 2 draws from 8 games for 11 points would have been a decent return,given our previous dire form before his arrival.
Although the performances at games like Rotherham were poor you have to balance it with the better than expected ones like Coventry.
Also the upturn in form by Sheff.Wed was really surprising ,most would have had them as doomed half way through the season.
Ah well,that's Blues.See you all there next season.
09:03, Sun 5 May
davenports
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Agree with most of the above.The ones trying to put all the blame on to Rowett's 8 games seem very short sighted. I think most would have thought 3 wins and 2 draws from 8 games for 11 points would have been a decent return,given our previous dire form before his arrival.
Although the performances at games like Rotherham were poor you have to balance it with the better than expected ones like Coventry.
Also the upturn in form by Sheff.Wed was really surprising ,most would have had them as doomed half way through the season.

Very true KRO
09:07, Sun 5 May
Coventry didn’t want to know they had their eyes elsewhere similar to Norwich in a lesser degree. It was the Rotherham and Huddersfield games that relegated us.
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
I understand your finger pointing at the players, however in 25 games under 3 ‘proper’ managers we got 39 points, over a season thats 72 points and we’d have finished 7th. Despite the holes in the squad, lack of striker, physicality etc etc- the players are clearly capable. It’s Venus/Rooney period that has killed us. The players should certainly have done more but 5 different managers, 3 completely different playing styles and constant upheaval is not a recipe for success. There is a nucleus of very talented players there that we should keep and build a proper functioning team/squad around. No need to “get rid” of everyone.

👍
Up the feckin Blues
09:09, Sun 5 May
Fecking Leicester shitting the bed against Plymouth AND Blackburn has somewhat annoyed me.
09:11, Sun 5 May
Yep, they had nothing to play for. As soon as we went into the bottom 3 our time was up.
09:14, Sun 5 May
mr_crosby
Coventry didn’t want to know they had their eyes elsewhere similar to Norwich in a lesser degree. It was the Rotherham and Huddersfield games that relegated us.
You can pick on individual games if you want. To me it was the performances over 46 games that got us relegated. Rowett was in charge for 17% of them .
09:24, Sun 5 May
davenports
mr_crosby
You can pick on individual games if you want. To me it was the performances over 46 games that got us relegated. Rowett was in charge for 17% of them .

Most the away games, a fair part of the home games as well but as soon as we went in the bottom 3 we didn’t have the mental strength to change it
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Fecking Leicester shitting the bed against Plymouth AND Blackburn has somewhat annoyed me.
Also Blackburn beating Leeds after Leeds put in a masterclass of missing chances that even Trevor Aylott would have scored.
09:27, Sun 5 May
The away form is the reason we have gone down.

Home form mid table, away form 23rd. That spans across pretty much all the managers although Mowbray was definitely the best of the lot.
09:28, Sun 5 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.

It may be Rooney's fault that we got relegated
... but it's Rowett's fault we didn't stay up
09:30, Sun 5 May
Just been probably the most "Blues like " season ever.Started with losing TF and ended with relegation.
Still be on the Tilton next year though.
KRO