20:26, Sat 4 May
Mowbray's health issues.

Had we not been unlucky enough to get him and then lose him just as we looked like we'd started to play well, we'd have stayed up comfortably.

Pure bad luck and no-one could have foreseen it.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
20:27, Sat 4 May
A_n_E
Mowbray's health issues.

Had we not been unlucky enough to get him and then lose him just as we looked like we'd started to play well, we'd have stayed up comfortably.

Pretty sure it’s because we lost a lot of games
20:29, Sat 4 May
Hogans penalty miss v Millwall. We would've won 2-1 and had 2 more points.
20:30, Sat 4 May
Don’t say that it’s far too sensible of a statement. We were relegated when we appointed Rooney.
20:34, Sat 4 May
We were out of the relegation zone when Rowett came in, with the fixtures he had he should have seen us safe, he failed.

The ‘real’ reasons we have been relegated is because we sacked Eustace at a stupid time, hired Rooney, had a poor January window and then hired a manager in Rowett who goes completely against what Mowbray was trying to do with the players.

That is it, nothing more nothing less.
20:34, Sat 4 May
A_n_E
Mowbray's health issues.

We got less points than 21 other teams close thread.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
20:35, Sat 4 May
We didn't have a poor January.

We needed a better midfield to execute Mowbray's game plan. And actually, Dozzell and Paik did well.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
20:36, Sat 4 May
Rowett cursed him. The DvB
Tony Fantastico
20:39, Sat 4 May
A_n_E
Mowbray's health issues.

Pretty sure it’s because we lost a lot of games

Away from home
20:41, Sat 4 May
Barely done that well we’ve been relegated with them in the side. Dozzell, Paik and Pritchard, all lightweights when we needed some leadership and height in the side.

It was obvious we needed a striker which we failed to get and then let Long go who would have been useful when our defence was decimated.
20:43, Sat 4 May
Rowett
Tony Fantastico
20:44, Sat 4 May
Yes but in the context of the thread, Paik and Dozzell did just fine under Mowbray and would have continued to do well.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
20:53, Sat 4 May
So all the other shit losses under the other managers don't count?

Some Blues fans really are desperate to defend this car-crash of a season.
The cold never bothered me anyway
20:56, Sat 4 May
We scored one goal by a defender. From memory I can only recall Sandersons Header against the Baggies and Sunjics goal from a half cleared corner.

I think that’s the major reason we went down above all others. No threat from dead ball so to few goals in tight games.
20:57, Sat 4 May
Tom Brady's Statins
We didn't have a poor January.

We needed a better midfield to execute Mowbray's game plan. And actually, Dozzell and Paik did well.

A squad packed full of midfielders and we go out and sign three more when it was obvious to anyone that we needed a striker.

If Mowbray genuinely thought we'd get away with a 20 year old attacking midfielder as centre forward and pack it out with midfielders, then that just isn't good enough.
The cold never bothered me anyway