07:16, Sun 5 May
We’re going down the route of we’ll bounce bank up with ease and that’s a very dangerous assumption.

There will be teams with actual identities and character and teams will raise their game when they play us.

The two promoted clubs in Wrexham and Stockport will certainly have momentum on their side and will go well again! If Doncaster make it, I fancy them to go well again.

Rotherham proved yesterday what they are going to be about yet we struggled to beat a team that we’re playing a training game and rolled over for us.

Finally one of Bolton and Posh will still be there. Posh young, quick and dangerous. Bolton a team that progresses every year under a top manger and who I will be backing to win the league if they don’t go up.

That’s at least 4 maybe 5 sides I’d honestly put above us at the moment unless we recruit very well and health permits we keep who will be the best manager in that league.
We’ll be ok. It’s a league where every club that has ever had money to spend has been promoted pretty quickly. It’s really not a hard league to get out of if you have financial backing. It can be nasty if you don’t.

Paul Warne alone has been promoted 4 years out of 6 so it can’t be that hard.
07:29, Sun 5 May
This is all fine and you’re entitled to your opinion of course, but you’re making a load of assumptions yourself too.
You don’t know Stockport are going to do well, for example.
As ever, it’s all moot anyway. There is nothing dangerous in fans making predictions. It doesn’t matter what the fans think, it’s what the owners, management and players actually do.
07:52, Sun 5 May
Totally agree. Let’s face it, it never is a cakewalk with Blues, experience tells us this.

We MUST not go into next season believing we’ll stride back into the Championship with ease!

We need to recruit the right players and have a positive but realistic mentality. Sides will come to St. Andrew’s thinking it’s a cup final. We will be playing more cup games than league games!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:30, Sun 5 May
No one is making assumptions, they are making predictions.

And you've made a load, against your own football club because you're stuck in the kind of negative mentality we need to shake.

I will be EXPECTING automatic promotion next season, nothing more, nothing less. We have the financial backing and Tony Mowbray (don't even start trotting out the old 'Oh I FEEL/THINK/ASSUME/BELIEVE he won't be coming back.')

Next season is the season we gain some pride, momentum and we need fans to start backing the club rather than betting against it.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
08:35, Sun 5 May
coventrybluenose
Totally agree. Let’s face it, it never is a cakewalk with Blues, experience tells us this.

We MUST not go into next season believing we’ll stride back into the Championship with ease!

We need to recruit the right players and have a positive but realistic mentality. Sides will come to St. Andrew’s thinking it’s a cup final. We will be playing more cup games than league games!

It's arrogant to think sides are going to come to St Andrew's with that attitude. We're a team that's been struggling at the bottom of the Champs for 10 years.
08:41, Sun 5 May
The owners effed us this season with decisions relating to on pitch matters

We're a laughing stock right now, fine FEA and all that but they need to put it right next season on the pitch and get us back up straight away, anything less is further failure on the football side

I expect promotion next season

Theyve had loads to say about super stadiums and delivered fantastically well off the pitch, brilliant ... thank you. Now deliver on the pitch

I think they will
08:45, Sun 5 May
With our financial advantage over the majority of the league (noticed Wycombe have been taken over by a billionaire) we are essentially the Leicester of the league. No excuse to not sign the right players to go back up first time.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
coventrybluenose

I think the opposite. For once it would be lovely if we did our summer business early, sorted the managerial debate out early and went into the season with arrogance and confidence in the squad that has been lacking for so long. We make everything hard because we always have the mindset that things are going to be hard. It’s the blues way.
Tom Brady's Statins
No one is making assumptions, they are making predictions.

And you've made a load, against your own football club because you're stuck in the kind of negative mentality we need to shake.

I will be EXPECTING automatic promotion next season, nothing more, nothing less. We have the financial backing and Tony Mowbray (don't even start trotting out the old 'Oh I FEEL/THINK/ASSUME/BELIEVE he won't be coming back.')

Next season is the season we gain some pride, momentum and we need fans to start backing the club rather than betting against it.

👍

If, with the level of investment we have seen and are going to continue to see, we are worried about Mansfield and Stockport, then you’d really have to wonder what the point of it all is.

That’s not being arrogant at all. We have to have some belief.
08:47, Sun 5 May
Rowett was right when he said yesterday we have players who turn up when it matters but that they need to turn up when it doesn't matter. That's the key.
08:50, Sun 5 May
Polo
coventrybluenose

It's arrogant to think sides are going to come to St Andrew's with that attitude. We're a team that's been struggling at the bottom of the Champs for 10 years.

It’s not arrogant. I remember all the 3rd division seasons, I was a season ticket holder,and teams often raised their game at St. Andrew’s in my view.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Unless you’d watched those teams in their other games, which would have been very difficult in the days before the internet as we now know it and with barely any football shown outside the top two divisions, then I’m not sure how you’d know they’d raised their games.

However, fair enough, I get what you’re saying.

The point here though is the reply to you which basically said we’ve stunk the football world out for 12 years. We aren’t that big an attraction.
We will be considered to be a big team by these tinpot burghs in division 3 and we will be travelling with massive and boisterous support. We will be considered a threat. Our name alone ensures that.

The buggers will want to get one over on us.
09:43, Sun 5 May
We’ll be spending more on any given two players than most of the rest of the league have spent in their existence.

League One is a bitch to get out of if you go down without good investment to get back up. We’ve been told to expect serious, serious investment regardless of the division.

If Wagner is true to his word, we have no excuse to not take the piss out of L1.