14:06, Sun 5 May
Here’s one we should be looking at.

[x.com]
14:51, Sun 5 May
25 years old. Good age for a keeper.
15:11, Sun 5 May
Brilliant shot stopper and played well against us.
15:15, Sun 5 May
Clapton
Here’s one we should be looking at.

[x.com]

Good shout that to be honest
...sadly not for us in League 1 (jesus that sounds shit)...will have a fair few suitors at a higher level 😤
We have to operate like we’re still in championship in our mentality. I think he’d jump at the opportunity tbh.
16:15, Sun 5 May
Started his career in England at V***a.
17:55, Sun 5 May
Clapton
Brilliant shot stopper and played well against us.

Did he have anything to actually do?
17:55, Sun 5 May
Saved Miyoshi’s pea roller right at the end
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:57, Sun 5 May
Super Hans
Saved Miyoshi’s pea roller right at the end

Ahh yeh I forgot that worldie 😜
18:06, Sun 5 May
Clapton
We have to operate like we’re still in championship in our mentality. I think he’d jump at the opportunity tbh.

I think you're going to be disappointed.

Why would a championship quality player drop down to a pub league knowing that if blues go straight back up they'll be replaced with promotion quality players?

The only way it'll happen is by overpaid wages, which is what has got us into the mess we're in now.
The cold never bothered me anyway
20:54, Sun 5 May
Rasputin surely it is great time to blood some of the youngsters Alfie Chang if has recovered from that serious injury Donavon,looks a prospect and the youth teams seemed to progress this season 21s have had decent season surely 2/3 on the bench would be a good grounding
21:32, Sun 5 May
Blooding some youngsters makes sense but we need an some experience as well. Key positions such as CB and striker.
21:38, Sun 5 May
I listened to an interview with an Ipswich podcaster earlier who said that Ipswich basically built a championship worthy squad while in League 1. Obviously they didn't expect another promotion but here we are.

Assuming we have a bit more money than Ipswich had that could be a good approach, assembling a youngish squad, and integrating some of our own young players. And even if it did take a couple of years to get back then they will have gained from winning a good amount of games as a group in much the same way the U18's have done so well.

You would have to throw in a few experienced players and maybe that is the loan market we should utilise.
21:42, Sun 5 May
We need 3/4 'enforcers' to boss the pitch for us and to
1. stop our youngster becoming too hot headed
2. tell an opposition bully where they get off

Agree we should now be looking to build up our own youngsters but we need some 'sergeant majors'.