21:00, Sun 5 May
Lichblue
Means nothing unless they can increase the turnover for wages.

HG20 made the point above that the owners of league one clubs are free to put money into their club which counts as revenue. I don't know if there's a limit on how much they can put in, but if there is, I'd imagine Wagner would put in as much as that limit would allow.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
21:03, Sun 5 May
Why do you want a keeper to dilly dally with the ball?

Load of fashionable nonesense.
21:06, Sun 5 May
Cash injections, like we will inevitably do
21:26, Sun 5 May
Mr Driscoll
Lichblue

HG20 made the point above that the owners of league one clubs are free to put money into their club which counts as revenue. I don't know if there's a limit on how much they can put in, but if there is, I'd imagine Wagner would put in as much as that limit would allow.

There is no limit. The only rule is it must be an injection and not a loan.
21:28, Sun 5 May
Foxtrot Oscar
Why do you want a keeper to dilly dally with the ball?

Load of fashionable nonesense.

It's not about dilly dallying, but not shitting yourself if your centre half plays a ball to you so you just blast the ball out of touch.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
21:30, Sun 5 May
HG20
Mr Driscoll
Lichblue

There is no limit. The only rule is it must be an injection and not a loan.

👍
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
21:34, Sun 5 May
Thongs
Exactly.

People don’t realise how good this could be. Not just for next season but taking a winning squad into the championship.

Just need to be managed properly
Yeah - piece of piss really. Don’t know why all Championship teams don’t do it. Why bother staying up when there is such a masterstroke of an alternative?
Lichblue

Again. That’s not correct. Owners can gift equity and it counts as turnover.
Cash injection you mean like the £56m they needed to find to keep the club afloat? Not answering you specifically mara.
21:51, Sun 5 May
Mr Driscoll
Lichblue

The season in league one will count towards one of the three seasons for P&S purposes if we are promoted the following season. Therefore we could use this to our benefit.
22:08, Sun 5 May
Louie Donowa
I wouldn't want to keep a single player and offer a year to "do a job in league one"

We've circled the relegation drain for 10 years with these morons. Why reward them now?

Feck 'em off and get players in who can be part of a new start.

Some won't work, some will be too good and we will sell them to bigger clubs (for a big profit) and some will be mainstays.

A 4-0 win in L1 will feel as good as a 4-0 win in the championship.

A 4-0 win in L1 will feel as good as a 4-0 win in the championship.

This is precisely my issue with the whole thing.
It won’t
Certainly not to me at any rate
22:13, Sun 5 May
Must be horrible to be so joyless.

Are you related to Rasputin?
22:25, Sun 5 May
The thought of where this club now has the potential to go fills me with joy.
The thought of spending even 1 season ( which may turn into a few more) grinding out draws with, or even battering the living daylights out of teams like MK Dons leaves me pretty flat to be honest.
But hey - those same people that 48 hours ago were seemingly fairly keen for us to stay up are now telling me relegation is the best thing since central heating
It must be my age - can’t keep up