13:18, Tue 7 May
Am I imagining or was the deal to complete for our new owners considerably more favourable if we got relegated? I’m sure I read that somewhere or is it a relegation fuelled daydream?
13:21, Tue 7 May
Mike YOU ESS AYY
Am I imagining or was the deal to complete for our new owners considerably more favourable if we got relegated? I’m sure I read that somewhere or is it a relegation fuelled daydream?

You’re imagining it afaik
13:23, Tue 7 May
Thanks mate. It may well be one of those “post 6 beers and a football match” discussions.

In that case, knowing how commercially aware they are I do wonder if the terms of the deal change slightly with relegation - the asset is effectively worth less now after all….
14:01, Tue 7 May
El Mayor
Haircut1000
El Mayor
Don’t know, this is something I need to read up on as I’m planning to write about it in the close season.

Nice summer homework - it's a great question though. Don't want to spend loads L1 and then get into a pickle if we go back up.

100% agree.

Interesting that ZO Future Group (what was BSHL) published an announcement yesterday about relegation and how it’s gonna hurt their revenues. Doubt it makes a difference to us but it’s something I’m watching.
I thought that after the Knighthead takeover they would have to absorb all losses BCFC suffered as they were in full control. Maybe that was an incorrect assumption.
14:28, Tue 7 May
That’s a great piece Dan. I think your summary is spot on, we need to return to expecting to win games rather than expecting to lose. A winning mentality is a big chunk of success in any division.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Hi Dan good read that. Took a couple of people on my season ticket last year but they were games where the team did not turn up. At least one I think would have come more regularly but Blues were so crap (Middlesbrough) I don't think he will go again.
I will be renewing my season ticket this year anyway. Don't blame the owner's that much (they did make mistakes), I blame the player's more for this.
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Hey Sweeps, was hoping for a Roojelly one 😁.
Me, the Mrs and dog walked down the local yesterday, lad sat their (bless him) with his Blues shirt on, looked a right bruiser too, all the group with him were Blues as well, the Dad posts on here occasionally yet I'd never met them before, think there's more than I thought around town, don't know what kind of numbers you need for an OSC though.
Think you need 15 plus mate

That all? There are loads more than that that even I know of in Rudge.
Up the feckin Blues
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Me, the Mrs and dog walked down the local yesterday, lad sat their (bless him) with his Blues shirt on, looked a right bruiser too, all the group with him were Blues as well, the Dad posts on here occasionally yet I'd never met them before, think there's more than I thought around town, don't know what kind of numbers you need for an OSC though.

Apologies it’s 20. All must have a client ref number. Over half must be 18 or over
[www.bcfcosc.com]
Tony Fantastico
It’s a very good question. I’d wondered the same thing. I assume it’s not allowed but I can’t find anything written down.

This 3 year contract thing is critical though. A good reason not to let Bielik, Dembele, Laird, Buchanan or Roberts go, ie why would the owners inject equity if they don’t need to.
07:37, Wed 8 May
It has been stated that the owners can "gift" cash as equity as they choose. But do Knighthead have the degree of control to enable them to do this without the agreement of the majority shareholder? I'd guess something could be done by creating a different class of share that would not challenge the Chinese shareholding percentage but it seems likely that would still require their agreement.

MirrorBlue
07:39, Wed 8 May
Not sure it has to be an equity injection, but I could be wrong
Happy Clapper
07:53, Wed 8 May
One thing we do know, if there is a way to do it Knighthead will find it.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:15, Wed 8 May
tonyb51
It has been stated that the owners can "gift" cash as equity as they choose. But do Knighthead have the degree of control to enable them to do this without the agreement of the majority shareholder? I'd guess something could be done by creating a different class of share that would not challenge the Chinese shareholding percentage but it seems likely that would still require their agreement.

MirrorBlue

I’m 99% sure they’ve already done it once.
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62 F.E.A.

Apologies it’s 20. All must have a client ref number. Over half must be 18 or over
[www.bcfcosc.com]

I might join the Cannock or Tamworth mob then.
Up the feckin Blues