Holdsworth_MaraSonner
JourneyOn
number8
I'm really missing something with Anderson.
No pace.
No goals.
2 assists.
Missed a third of the season injured (after doing the same last season with the same injury).

I cannot see why we need to keep him. We can do much better.

What he lacks in pace, he more than makes up for in football intelligence and brains.

If we had stayed up I’m not so sure, now that we are league 1, it would be fantastic to keep him. He’d be very valuable

Yep. Decent player. We only lost 3 games that he started this year.

How many did he start, 5?
09:07, Wed 8 May
We're gonna need about 15 players, not all of those can be signed for good money and for a tilt at the Prem once we get promoted.

We're going to need to be pragmatic and get some short term deals done to help.

Anderson knows the club, knows the division, has shown he's a talented player and we can have him for an extra year with no obligation after.

It's a no brainer for me.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:12, Wed 8 May
I say again, no goals, two assists, missed a third of the season (for the second in a row) with a hammy.

Scott Hogan contributed more.
Tam
09:13, Wed 8 May
Hagley Blue
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
JourneyOn
number8
No pace.
No goals.
2 assists.
Missed a third of the season injured (after doing the same last season with the same injury).

What he lacks in pace, he more than makes up for in football intelligence and brains.

If we had stayed up I’m not so sure, now that we are league 1, it would be fantastic to keep him. He’d be very valuable

Eleven.
Make Blues Great Again
09:40, Wed 8 May
If you watch football with your eyes and not a calculator then you cannot possibly say that Hogan contributed more.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:46, Wed 8 May
I can't stand Hogan, but Anderson has done little in my eyes to think we suddenly need to keep him due to his output. Looked ok in a couple of games, looked rank in a couple, missed a load with injury...I don't see anything special there and would like to think we could pick up a similar but younger, fitter and more productive free transfer if we looked hard enough.

If we don't pick him up, where do you think he'll end up? At a lower level than us is my guess.
09:47, Wed 8 May
Or one of our promotion rivals
09:48, Wed 8 May
As I said, a lower level.
09:53, Wed 8 May
We have got to be careful here with sentiment and looking backwards rather than forward. Because there is a clamour to resign Ruddy, Juke, Sunjic, Anderson, even Gary Gardner has been mentioned for his leadership and the fact he’ll be good in league one 🤨
I’d prefer Gardner and co to have no encouragement or inclination to think these are needed.
Same with Rowett. Offer no encouragement to them being kept on as your duty to the club improving
Tony Fantastico
09:54, Wed 8 May
I'm with you, we need to go forwards. None of the players leaving have done anything in the last 2/3 years to make you think they will be missed.

If Rowett got announced any anticipation for next season will just drain out of me and thousands of others. Same old same old.
10:02, Wed 8 May
Again, it's 1 working day after a bank holiday.

And again, people need to chill the eff out.
Hagley Blue
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
JourneyOn
number8
No pace.
No goals.
2 assists.

12 starts.
10:04, Wed 8 May
Tandy
Again, it's 1 working day after a bank holiday.

And again, people need to chill the eff out.

Yep.
That's. true people need to chill out ,hower the spectre of a possible Rowett appointment keeps intruding in the mind .Its like when you know you're going to the dentist tomorrow
10:12, Wed 8 May
I went to the dentist yesterday. Much more preferable
Tony Fantastico