13:02, Wed 8 May
Former blues player Paul Holmes (who played 12 games for blues between 1992-93, most known for his time at Torquay and WBA), has passed away from cancer aged 56.

Rest in peace Paul, thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

[torquayunited.com]
13:06, Wed 8 May
RIP
Tony Fantastico
13:10, Wed 8 May
RIP
13:18, Wed 8 May
Remeber him for us was decent player but never really got started for us for some reason ..rip Paul kro
13:22, Wed 8 May
I think he became a better player after leaving us.

RIP 56 is far too young.
13:23, Wed 8 May
He only played 10 or so games for Blues but you could tell he was a decent player, hence the move to Everton with Howard Kendall. If memory serves me right he moved on when Blues were in a mess financially before Sullivan and Gold arrived.

RIP Paul
13:30, Wed 8 May
Agreed when we signed him I thought we had a decent player on our hands at the time and when he played yo7 could tell he had something about him he was a decent crosser if the ball and got forward really well ,real shame though no age 56 wish cancer would just feck off horrible disease one of my family is suffering with it at the moment was in Solihull hospital yesterday with him it’s just soul destroying watching him ..anyway we kro
13:41, Wed 8 May
RIP
13:43, Wed 8 May
Can't for the life of me remember him, but RIP all the same. Bastard disease.
Up the feckin Blues
13:45, Wed 8 May
Good player, though he didn't play much for us.
He was only with us about 3 months
He was a right back. Miles better than Clarkson.

I'm pretty sure Everton bought him mostly as a small favour to us after Mark One went bust. He wasn't quite PL level so didn't play much for them.

Gone far too soon.
13:49, Wed 8 May
He was sold because Cooper was always in love with Scott Hiley. As soon as Sullivan gave him some money he bought Hiley and Holmes was dropped. Went to Everton and did alright. Good player.
Ah he went to Everton from us thought it was West Brom he went to after leaving us ,
14:01, Wed 8 May
I thought he'd played a few games in Autumn 1992 and left.
But you are correct.
He played a few times in the Autumn, then was out for a while. Came back for a few games in the Spri g of 1993 and was replaced by Hiley.
It was a long time ago and I was at university at the time.

Hiley was also a good player. I liked him. They were bith upgrades on what we had.

Paul Holmes dad played for Chesterfield, and is still going at 82 per Wikipedia.
14:32, Wed 8 May
56 no age at all.πŸ™
Rest in eternal peace.πŸ’™
14:49, Wed 8 May
RIP. I remember thinking he was a decent right back.