15:35, Wed 8 May
Sky Sports' new TV deal with the EFL will see Birmingham City on our screens more regularly next season

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
15:35, Wed 8 May
So does this mean less revenue, or the same ish coz we're on telly more?

Might have come at the right time for the club, this.
15:50, Wed 8 May
I would assume we'll get less per match in L1, but we'll potentially be on more often than we would have been in the Championship, but would still expect a drop-off in broadcast revenue.
A typical weekend of coverage will begin with a live Championship game on Friday night. There will then be six matches shown, two from each division, on a Saturday lunchtime.

These six games will be streamed via a new platform Sky is developing (Sky+)

In addition to that, the rest of the weekend might be a League One or League Two main channel match on a Sunday or Monday and a Championship tie in the alternate slot.

So we’ll likely be on the Sat lunch often, and a few Sunday and Monday fixtures.
16:05, Wed 8 May
I'm assuming this new Sky+ system won't be available to Virgin Media customers.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
16:12, Wed 8 May
Do you get red button? It’s effectively replacing that, with one dedicated live channel.
16:18, Wed 8 May
Wagner’s Dream
Do you get red button? It’s effectively replacing that, with one dedicated live channel.

Ah, I see. 👍

I hope the quality imroves mind.
How much will the deal be worth to us guaranteed next season?
Tony Fantastico
Wagner’s Dream
A typical weekend of coverage will begin with a live Championship game on Friday night. There will then be six matches shown, two from each division, on a Saturday lunchtime.

These six games will be streamed via a new platform Sky is developing (Sky+)

In addition to that, the rest of the weekend might be a League One or League Two main channel match on a Sunday or Monday and a Championship tie in the alternate slot.

So we’ll likely be on the Sat lunch often, and a few Sunday and Monday fixtures.

Not a fan of Saturday lunchtime, it's going to clash with the bab's golf lessons.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
16:30, Wed 8 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Not a fan of Saturday lunchtime

But on the plus side, you day will have been ruined nice and early, so you can go out and enjoy yourself in the evening...
The cold never bothered me anyway
Rab C Nesbitt
Roughly, based on the previous ~£1.5m a season for league one teams, just under £2m. Obv if we’re on more it’ll be higher. Believe it will be around £8m in championship 24/25.
16:45, Wed 8 May
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
Roughly, based on the previous ~£1.5m a season for league one teams, just under £2m. Believe it will be around £8m in championship 24/25.

Ouch.
16:49, Wed 8 May
That £8m next year might actually be around £12m with the new deal.
...there's a good breakdown of the Sky/EFL deal on the Wigan website [wiganathletic.com] 😤
16:54, Wed 8 May
IanT
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
Roughly, based on the previous ~£1.5m a season for league one teams, just under £2m. Believe it will be around £8m in championship 24/25.

Ouch.
This. So is the £935m a two year deal?
Edit it’s a 5 year deal so those numbers quoted above don’t match up. 24 championship clubs getting 8m each is 40m over 5 years x 24 clubs = £960m without any going to league 1 and 2 clubs
Tony Fantastico