16:59, Wed 8 May
Rab C Nesbitt
IanT
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
How much will the deal be worth to us guaranteed next season?
Roughly, based on the previous ~£1.5m a season for league one teams, just under £2m. Believe it will be around £8m in championship 24/25.

Ouch.
This. So is the £935m a two year deal?
Edit it’s a 5 year deal so those numbers quoted above don’t match up. 24 championship clubs getting 8m each is 40m over 5 years x 24 clubs = £960m without any going to league 1 and 2 clubs

5 years.

Edit: didn't see your edit.
17:00, Wed 8 May
👍
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
IanT
Wagner’s Dream
Rab C Nesbitt
How much will the deal be worth to us guaranteed next season?
Roughly, based on the previous ~£1.5m a season for league one teams, just under £2m. Believe it will be around £8m in championship 24/25.

Ouch.
This. So is the £935m a two year deal?
Edit it’s a 5 year deal so those numbers quoted above don’t match up. 24 championship clubs getting 8m each is 40m over 5 years x 24 clubs = £960m without any going to league 1 and 2 clubs
Figure based on figures from Kieran Maguire [x.com] and the estimated 25% uplift for league one clubs from the athletic
Yeah no worries. But as you can see from Rab Vorderman they don’t match up.
Tony Fantastico
17:27, Wed 8 May
They'll be broadcasting games on TV at Saturday / 3PM in EFL.

[www.theguardian.com]
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
17:30, Wed 8 May
Doesn’t that go against what the deal involved previously?
I thought apart from International weekends they wouldn’t do it. Or summat like that
Tony Fantastico
yeah you're right, I guess there's other amounts (non domestic ect) included in Kierans figure. Below should be a bit more accurate,

Guaranteed amount- 895 (5 years)

Distribution % - 70.00% (CH) - 18.00% (L1) - 12.00% (L2)
Annual Total (League) - 125.3 - 32.2 - 21.5
Annual per Team - 5.22 - 1.34 - 0.90

Based on [www.efl.com]
17:39, Wed 8 May
Only on the opening day
Not a lot. But if any Knighthead gift this year doesn’t count towards FFP we could royally take the pee
Tony Fantastico
17:48, Wed 8 May
Louie Donowa
They'll be broadcasting games on TV at Saturday / 3PM in EFL.

[www.theguardian.com]

Only when there's no Premier League games, like on the opening day.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:18, Wed 8 May
Step one into it being a regular thing.

Especially when EFL clubs agree there is no detrimental drop in match day revenue vs broadcast revenue.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
18:31, Wed 8 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Not a lot. But if any Knighthead gift this year doesn’t count towards FFP we could royally take the pee

League One rules are even more anticompetitive than the Championship. Any team with money should absolutely take the piss out of this league.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:35, Wed 8 May
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

League One rules are even more anticompetitive than the Championship. Any team with money should absolutely take the piss out of this league.

I agree, but I'm actually a fan of them. I know I would say that given we're probably the richest side in the league, in both revenue and owners' financial strength, but it's certainly a much more sustainable ruleset than FFP. You must spend within your means, but if the owners wish to donate (crucially, not loan) money then they can do.

Must be a more financially healthy league than the championship, which is an absolute mess of clubs gambling to try and get to the promised land. Our 140% wage to turnover ratio was absolutely insane.
18:37, Wed 8 May
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

I meant count towards figures when we get promoted back to the Championship
Tony Fantastico