17:45, Wed 8 May
Maybe I'm on my own, but I just wanna see us win games. When we play at home, I will be going. If it's an interesting away game, I'll try get a ticket.

Am I going to brag about it if we managed to win it? No, it's not a tournament you brag about. Do I want us to prioritise the league? Absolutely. But I still want us to go and try win it, because why TF not!!
17:45, Wed 8 May
I’d sooner win it than not win it.
People are going mad again here over this
Tony Fantastico
17:52, Wed 8 May
I can't believe the state of this thread, for God's sake we have been saying all season that if villa win the uefa conference league it would be like winning an egg Cup and it would mean nothing, yet we are on about winning the Bristol Street Motors trophy and taking thousands to Wembley,sorry each to their own but to me this is embarrassing and I hope we get nowhere near winning it.

Apology accepted
17:55, Wed 8 May
Let the kids try to win it.

It’s a bastardised trophy changed to accommodate the big wigs in the PL, shouldn’t be given the time of day.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:01, Wed 8 May
Super Hans

It’s a bastardised trophy changed to accommodate the big wigs in the PL, shouldn’t be given the time of day.
I agree and its only a matter of time before one of the Premier league teams win it, why not just put the 48 league 1 and league 2 teams in it with some non league teams, this trophy in its original form was for lower teams who had very little chance of ever having a day out at Wembley in the bigger cups
18:11, Wed 8 May
Rab C Nesbitt
I’d sooner win it than not win it.
People are going mad again here over this

Yeah, indeed. Christ.
18:13, Wed 8 May
Super Hans

So the way to combat that is for possibly the best team in it to get knocked out so the big wigs kids may win it.
Bloody Hell.
Tony Fantastico
18:16, Wed 8 May
I’ll attend every home game that isn’t against an U-21 team!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
18:21, Wed 8 May
It’s irrelevant whoever wins it thanks to the bigwig kids being invited in.

I couldn’t give a shit about the trophy anyway, I could reel off the last 10 winners of the league, FA, Europa and Champions league cups, couldn’t tell you any of the last winners of this.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:24, Wed 8 May
Bet you can’t reel them off 😁
Peterborough btw
Tony Fantastico
18:25, Wed 8 May
It's still a competition and opportunity for silverware and a day out at wembley.

Most the u21 sides get knocked out in the group stage anyway, because prem teams loan out their good young players. I checked just, only West Ham won their group last year.

So past the quarters you're likely going to be playing league two and one sides. Opportunity to go to some new grounds potentially, if we drew a league two side away, that we can't get to in the league.

Everyone will have their view, but I'll absolutely be going and hoping we smash it.
18:30, Wed 8 May
It's still a competition and opportunity for silverware and a day out at wembley.

Most the u21 sides get knocked out in the group stage anyway, because prem teams loan out their good young players. I checked just, only West Ham won their group last year.

So past the quarters you're likely going to be playing league two and one sides. Opportunity to go to some new grounds potentially, if we drew a league two side away, that we can't get to in the league.

Everyone will have their view, but I'll absolutely be going and hoping we smash it.

Personally, next season should be about getting used to winning, a winning mentality, in all circumstances possible .... i say go for everything - if they can enter us in the local schools spelling competitions we should even go for that.
18:32, Wed 8 May
100% agree Rags, that's my thoughts too. We all bemoan that we're the side that's lost the most games over the last 5 years or whatever, so why not try and win everything we can while we have the opportunity?
18:33, Wed 8 May
We haven't had a winning mentality at the club in 13 years. We should aim to win as many games as possible as a minimum standard, in all 4 competitions and at every age group across the mens and women’s sides.

Plus I want to go Wembley.
18:37, Wed 8 May
I want to win it, I want to win it by using our fringe and younger players.
Happy Clapper