19:14, Wed 8 May
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
..they only "invite" 16 clubs with Academy Cat One status to make up 64 teams, doubt they'd invite anyone outside of the PL 😤

What I meant is IF we had Cat 1 status (don't know if that's possible in L1) we could play our kids.
20:46, Wed 8 May
Might not be Popular but it’s a Tourneoment for us to Focus on.
20:54, Wed 8 May
They should use this trophy to replace the League Cup as obviously all PL teams couldn’t care less about that.

Make it UK wide:

England: Championship to National League Premier
Scotland: Championship to League 2
Wales: Top 6
NI: Top 6

Regionalised groups of 5 or 6 (114 teams total), single matched, knockouts (also regionalised) until the quarter finals which is UK wide.

The Scottish version of the EFL Trophy did something similar and it was great. Moors played Rangers and Sutton got a trip to Dublin.
21:04, Wed 8 May
Winner then gets a premier league spot, allowing league 2 teams to jump straight in there
I hope we field an under 21 team or better still do not enter the competition
21:11, Wed 8 May

We’re obliged to enter and there has to be so many over 21s in each side.
21:17, Wed 8 May
Tandy

OK then let's play a joke team including Barry Fry, Someone who works behind the Tilton Road Bar and someone who works in the ticket office and at least one poster off of here.
21:25, Wed 8 May
Madeira Blue
Tandy

OK then let's play a joke team including Barry Fry, Someone who works behind the Tilton Road Bar and someone who works in the ticket office and at least one poster off of here.

I volunteer as tribute
21:31, Wed 8 May
El Mayor
Le Mod
Hagley Blue
Tatts
I'll be honest here, I'd rather we concentrated solely on promotion.

We've won a van, won a windscreen, we don't need to win a car.

The last trophy we won was the League Cup. That's the level we should be aiming at and competing for.

I hope we play some of the younger lads and 21s in the competition but I would much rather us achieve promotion than get to the final of this competition.

Haven’t they brought in some regulations to stop teams doing just that. I think you’re only allowed to make a certain number of team changes.

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:
had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Id play the kids and take the fine.

Agreed. Provide younger players with experience in the group stage, which can stand them in good stead.

Promotion is the priority.
21:38, Wed 8 May
I think for that competition we should rest TM and get someone from here to take over. We have posters who know what players to keep and what ones to get rid of. We have tactical geniuses, who knows TM may decide that he cannot compete and he may not comeback.
07:20, Thu 9 May
Tatts
El Mayor
Le Mod
Hagley Blue
Tatts
I'll be honest here, I'd rather we concentrated solely on promotion.

We've won a van, won a windscreen, we don't need to win a car.

The last trophy we won was the League Cup. That's the level we should be aiming at and competing for.

I hope we play some of the younger lads and 21s in the competition but I would much rather us achieve promotion than get to the final of this competition.

Haven’t they brought in some regulations to stop teams doing just that. I think you’re only allowed to make a certain number of team changes.

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:
had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Id play the kids and take the fine.

Agreed. Provide younger players with experience in the group stage, which can stand them in good stead.

Promotion is the priority.
You can do more than one thing at once. You and Mayor surprisingly on this are sounding like Terry. Younger players will benefit from being in a team with experienced players and a team that win games.
We should have a squad to deal with these games
Tony Fantastico
07:33, Thu 9 May
I for one am not too bothered about this tournament. That being said, why not take it seriously and try and win it. Winning it might not be that important, but winning games for morale and confidence purposes is very important. Plus would be a nice welcome change if we do get far, to have a cup competition we have a chance of winning and take seriously.

As well, everyone in here bemoaning it, saying it’s toss and a joke, will be straight to Wembley if we get to the final.
11:19, Thu 9 May
Super Hans
I’d go as weak as possible in it, a tinpot trophy.

Can't we just not enter - ala, Man Utd in the FA Cup.

Also, didn't our kids get beat by Alvechurch recently? I'm not sure sticking them in to get battered by Walsall is responsible of us.
11:21, Thu 9 May
Super Hans
I’d go as weak as possible in it, a tinpot trophy.

Can't we just not enter - ala, Man Utd in the FA Cup

No
12:03, Thu 9 May
SHAKRO
i would like to win it still. with a champions of league one title, it would go down nicely. better than if we didnt get relegated and got to the championship play offs and lost in the championship play off final imo

Me too; I’d love another day out at Wembley and I don’t fancy that being the play offs