21:11, Wed 8 May
Madeira Blue
OK so Exeter is a nice place to visit as is Cambridge so what about the worst places to visit. I would suggest Stevenage. A run down cess pit full of chavs.

I've not been but you hardly sell it to me, Oldham would take some beating along with Coatbridge, the home of Albion Rovers, which thankfully we wont be facing.
Tam
21:15, Wed 8 May
Madeira Blue
Given that many of posters on this board have complained about Championship grounds, I hope you are all ready for a culture shock.

The bits of Stevenage that I know are quite nice. I visit a place called Coda Music in the High Street three or four times a year and it's a pretty nice high street compared to many. You can even park there for three or four hours at mo cost! To be fair, I only know that and the drive back to the A1.
Make Blues Great Again
21:32, Wed 8 May
Madeira Blue
Given that many of posters on this board have complained about Championship grounds, I hope you are all ready for a culture shock.

Loftus Road and Hillsborough are the only really bad two.
St Andrews was pretty awful untilthe repairs were done. So we'll all be familiar with terrible grounds.

Oxford is odd as one end is missing. And Reading and Wigan are somewhat soulless.
Most of the other grounds that I've been to are ok.

There's not many odd grouds with terrible views left now. Though Bristol Rovers has a lot of stands.
21:32, Wed 8 May
Tam
Stevenage is about an hours drive from London or less than half an hour by train and yet you can buy a decent house in Stevenage for £300,000. That should set alarm bells ringing.
Tam
21:39, Wed 8 May
Madeira Blue
Stevenage is about an hours drive from London or less than half an hour by train and yet you can buy a decent house in Stevenage for £300,000. That should set alarm bells ringing.

I've got to be honest, I've never had a reason to look at property prices there. A quick look says that terraced places go for about £330,000. I have no idea whether that's good or bad. It all feels a bit soulless down there. Nice enough High Street though. I park up early, toddle down to Costa and wait for the store to open at 9.30. Usually it's a nice trip out and a doddle to get back up to Stafford again. I haven't had much contact with the natives though.
Make Blues Great Again
21:42, Wed 8 May
Theebluemitch
Meant to be a good day out.

It was in 1991.....pitch invasion,snowball fights,a win and a weekend in Torquay to boot
21:43, Wed 8 May
Tam
Used to see all Exeters early season home games as a lad. Used to really like the ground. Haven’t been near it for decades.
21:49, Wed 8 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Used to see all Exeters early season home games as a lad. Used to really like the ground. Haven’t been near it for decades.

Decent ground now, new stands on every side, the old away end was fairly basic, a few open steps of terrace, nice covered terracing now.
22:12, Wed 8 May
Theebluemitch

Given the size of the grounds in this division, away ticket allocations are not going to be good.
23:44, Wed 8 May
There's a fair number of Blues in Exmouth. We'll be getting the train up the river and doing a few pub stops on the way. Hope it's a Saturday.
07:40, Thu 9 May
Theebluemitch

Lovely part of the country, I go down the road from there to Exmouth every year with me red guitar and me specs. It’s a trek, but a lovely place and even better when the sun is shining.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
07:46, Thu 9 May
Madeira Blue
OK so Exeter is a nice place to visit as is Cambridge so what about the worst places to visit. I would suggest Stevenage. A run down cess pit full of chavs.
I was in Mansfield the other day. Where tattooists charge by the square yard. I know they're a division below but still more likely to meet them than last season.

Field Mill is quite impressive though, especially given their historical stature.
08:05, Thu 9 May
GBlue
1300 allocation.

As well as long lost relatives in Lincoln I've got a mate in Exeter,
so another home end for me.

I don’t understand this: if I can’t be in with the Blues fans, I won’t go! Surely you want to celebrate Langstaff’s last-minute winner?!

I’d love to go St James’ Park next season but I have no chance of getting a ticket (my own fault as I didn’t prioritise attending away games last season so I won’t even be Gold next season, let alone Platinum)
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
10:31, Thu 9 May
Exeter come to our place to train sometimes , who should i errr run over ?
10:46, Thu 9 May
Another Blue living in Exmouth here (exmouth OSC anyone? 😂)

I’ll be undercover in the home end for this one so please don’t beat me up as I leave the ground.