18:50, Wed 8 May
Wow.

Rosenior will do a great job for someone...
...sounds barking mad 🤪 ...maybe not the next job for GR 🤣🤣

"I said I would rather lose 3-2 than have a boring 0-0. If you are counting the points and draw every game 0-0 you are going to get relegated. If you lose 3-2, it means you will win another game 4-1." 😤
18:53, Wed 8 May
He does have a bit of a point. As much as I would love Rosenior if Mowbray steps down.

I think of the 2 archetypes for attacking sides being Pep's Man City and Klopp's Liverpool. One is very slow and intricate, focused on controlling the game, creating big openings. The other is very high tempo, focused on getting the ball into dangerous areas and shooting as soon as possible.

Rosenior certainly falls under the Pep-ball bracket. Coaches his sides incredibly well, his Hull side played some of the best possession based football in the championship last year.

But I also think it can be incredibly boring in it's own way sometimes. If you give me a choice of watching a Pep side or a Klopp side, I'm choosing the latter every day of the week
18:53, Wed 8 May
Rooney, Rooney etc.
18:55, Wed 8 May
mjd2505
He does have a bit of a point. As much as I would love Rosenior if Mowbray steps down.

I think of the 2 archetypes for attacking sides being Pep's Man City and Klopp's Liverpool. One is very slow and intricate, focused on controlling the game, creating big openings. The other is very high tempo, focused on getting the ball into dangerous areas and shooting as soon as possible.

Rosenior certainly falls under the Pep-ball bracket. Coaches his sides incredibly well, his Hull side played some of the best possession based football in the championship last year.

But I also think it can be incredibly boring in it's own way sometimes. If you give me a choice of watching a Pep side or a Klopp side, I'm choosing the latter every day of the week

we all know who was the real manager at derby when they were doing well and it wasnt rooney
18:58, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
mjd2505

we all know who was the real manager at derby when they were doing well and it wasnt rooney
yeah it was Brian Clough winning the league, only under Cloughie were they doing well,when they won it after with Dave Mckay it was still Cloughies team.Thats the only period they were ever doing well.
18:58, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
mjd2505

Exactly. We can look back and see it was Rosenior coaching and setting the team up, but with Rooney sort of building the siege mentality.

It's one thing to want to change from a defensive style to a more front footed attacking style. But changing between attacking styles when you've just had a very successful season is... much less understandable, to me.
19:04, Wed 8 May
mjd2505
SHAKRO
mjd2505

Exactly. We can look back and see it was Rosenior coaching and setting the team up, but with Rooney sort of building the siege mentality.

It's one thing to want to change from a defensive style to a more front footed attacking style. But changing between attacking styles when you've just had a very successful season is... much less understandable, to me.

the fact that rooney wanted the title manager and not head coach just shows him to be incompetent and lazy and delegated all training to rosenior and the other coaches.

most people that take over the playing side of the club are desperate to be recognised as a head coach and not a manager and make that distinction early on but rooney wanted to make the distinction that he was the manager not head coach. says it all really
19:09, Wed 8 May
Not sure it's that so much as implied control over transfers.

It varies club to club, but generally speaking, a manager will be more actively involved in the recruitment and a head coach will simply use the players signed by the recruitment team, with varying degrees of input into the transfer business.
19:11, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
mjd2505

This argument keeps coming up. Just to clarify did Rosenior run things when they won but Rooney did when they lost?
Tony Fantastico
19:11, Wed 8 May
Wow. Hope they get relegated next season.
19:15, Wed 8 May
mjd2505
Not sure it's that so much as implied control over transfers.

It varies club to club, but generally speaking, a manager will be more actively involved in the recruitment and a head coach will simply use the players signed by the recruitment team, with varying degrees of input into the transfer business.

well if thats to be the case, thank god we didnt give him chance to make recruiting decisions and bring in players because we would have definitely got relegated with him anyway and a squad full of same sort of players that we are currently releasing
19:20, Wed 8 May
Wow.

Rosenior will do a great job for someone...

Prove it.
19:21, Wed 8 May
mjd2505

When they got relegated?