19:49, Sun 5 Nov
Flatnose
Hagley Blue
This might sound a bit churlish but I think it’s embarrassing and a bit small time. And it could well motivate the subs coming on. If it was me it would.

exactly. spot on.
If the subs need motivation apart from doing what they’re paid to, I don’t think we need to worry about chanting ‘who?’
Tony Fantastico
20:54, Sun 5 Nov
It's embarrassing. And not at all funny.
21:06, Sun 5 Nov
Valencia
What a strange lot. Think a stadium doing ‘who?’ Is cringe but sing about us more than their own team and chanted our managers name more than their own managers
Tony Fantastico
21:15, Sun 5 Nov
Who cares what Ipswich fans think ?
21:25, Sun 5 Nov
It's embarrassing. And not at all funny.

It makes the young kids who sit behind me cackle every time.

Just harmless fun innit.
Don't feel strongly either way about "who?" but being old-skool it's the pre-match flame throwers and fireworks I could do without - it's not the effing hundred.
STH on and off since 86. FML.
21:52, Sun 5 Nov
newblue
Who cares what Ipswich fans think ?
Ed Sheeran
Tony Fantastico
22:19, Sun 5 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Valencia
What a strange lot. Think a stadium doing ‘who?’ Is cringe but sing about us more than their own team and chanted our managers name more than their own managers

And think singing you're just a shit Aston villa is original and funny.
22:31, Sun 5 Nov
👍
Tony Fantastico
the Kevin Langley fan club
Don't feel strongly either way about "who?" but being old-skool it's the pre-match flame throwers and fireworks I could do without - it's not the effing hundred.

Old-skool by definition isn't the future is it? Innovation and progression in all areas will bring in more fans. If that's what you've got to moan about then they're doing a lot right, it can't realistically have any negative impact to your entertainment value.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
08:56, Mon 6 Nov
I like it.
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
09:07, Mon 6 Nov
I have always thought it was quite funny, albeit more so when we were in the Prem and most of the subs coming on were famous footballers who we all clearly knew about.

That Ipswich thread just comes across as po-faced. Let people enjoy things.
09:14, Mon 6 Nov
Ribeye
Rab C Nesbitt
Valencia

And think singing you're just a shit Aston villa is original and funny.

Literally every club sings it and literally every club thinks they're being funny and original. It's terrible.

I think this year top of my league table are Hull who sang it after 33 seconds.

The only team that don't sing it are Leeds, because they're proper and know it's shite.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:16, Mon 6 Nov
RomfordBlue
I have always thought it was quite funny, albeit more so when we were in the Prem and most of the subs coming on were famous footballers who we all clearly knew about.

That Ipswich thread just comes across as po-faced. Let people enjoy things.

This. Fgs we don’t half have some bloody moaners. These are probably the same people who complain at how shit the atmosphere is.
Going back to the 80’s and you had Wire and his mates making up songs, I didn’t hear all the old bastards then saying how these youngsters are embarrassing singing about tins of salmon and sausages and eggs.