11:04, Tue 14 Nov
Completely normal behaviour for warmongering Churchill
11:59, Tue 14 Nov
Miguelagenn
I'm finding its most popular internet forum a little lacking in humour, whiny and easily outraged these days. It's a reflection of the average of its members I guess.

Personal opinion, but I do think people embellish their natural feelings online to be more visible. I don’t think people are anywhere near as hyperbolic in person and I’m hopeful that most are the kind I could happily have a pint with.

Agree with that. Genuinely when I saw the Spanish lad that came over to see Forest, it just didn't move me one bit. I appreciate it brings things home for some people but I don't get the fawning over it. Maybe it's me, it's definitely not me mocking anyone in particular.

Throughout this year, Blues have continued to have contact with the school that a couple of the Babbs Mill boys (the 2 brothers) attended. I like the fact that they've gone about this quietly and not sought mawkish publicity out of it. I'm sure something will come to light soon as news of the memorial draws closer but overall Blues have just been there, visiting the school and sitting in on the memorial committee, etc. They've done more than just chuck some flowers at it for likes. Once it goes 'fully viral' etc, it loses its impact for me.
12:15, Tue 14 Nov

There's so many parts of British history on the UK mainland that don't get taught or talked about.

For example ... Whilst history now tells us of the country all pulling together during WWII, the Blitz spirit etc there were actually, quite a lot of strikes, industrial disputes, and incidents of large civil unrest throughout those times

the 1942 Betteshanger miners' strike is just one famous example

[en.wikipedia.org].
12:27, Tue 14 Nov
I think it's easy to forget what the UK went through in WWII - the tensions within the country must have been immense

Complete black outs from 1 Sept 1939 which lasted for 5 years. (there were many many deaths in car accidents and people literally just falling down holes) ... this didn't end until 1945.

Imagine the shit that people had to put up with for 5 whole years - it's a hell of a long time. Imagine the entire time from Gary Rowett being manager until today for some perspective - or imagine what you were doing 6 years ago.

Rationing was worse - again from Sept 1939 - and that didn't end fully until 1954 !! 15 feckin' years - Steve Bruce was our manager 15 years ago.

This isn't meant as a criticism of anyone because i also didn't used to realise. I just saw WW2 as something that "happened" and watched documentaries and films and thought to myself "that was tough" but it was only when i really got into UK social history that it started dawning on me that "yes, it WAS tough .... but not just for a day, or weeks, or a year - but for 15 years !! " .... it must have seemed relentless
12:28, Tue 14 Nov
It interest me that the one with the scousers, they actually striked and won. Imagine if this was to happen these days eh?

The last kind of example was Mick Lynch recently. Proper good guy.
12:29, Tue 14 Nov
Un -Blues opinion ?
How about some things in life ain't the fault of Brexit.?
12:33, Tue 14 Nov
Un -Blues opinion ?
How about some things in life ain't the fault of Brexit.?

Correct - life was completely shite under the Tories ( a deliberate policy) long before Brexit happened !!

πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
12:38, Tue 14 Nov
Blimey Rags ,sorry your life has been "completely Shite" (your words) for 13 years.!
12:42, Tue 14 Nov
Rags
Un -Blues opinion ?

Correct - life was completely shite under the Tories ( a deliberate policy) long before Brexit happened !!

πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Or have I read it wrong and you are saying that life was shite under The Tories is an Un-Blues opinion
12:46, Tue 14 Nov
Blimey Rags ,sorry your life has been "completely Shite" (your words) for 13 years.!

S'okay - i got used to it under the Tory govt before this one.

I class my life as being "shite" if all i see around me is poor people getting poorer, sick people not getting treatment, sections of society being demonised and ostracised, businesses not being able to fulfil their potential, people with money for good lawyers and accountants being able to flaunt the law and avoid taxes, kids not getting proper educations, families queuing at food banks, disabled people needing charities to help them.... and wages being so feckin' low that working people have to claim benefits to survive when that money comes from other workers/taxpayers, instead of making companies pay their workers a decent liveable soddin' wage in the first place.
12:53, Tue 14 Nov
My God ,do you miss the point deliberately ?
The original poster asked for un-Blues opinions.
Any way can't be bothered with getting into one of your long drawn out rambling rows. Let's just agree that you are 100% right as always.
Bordesley not Small Heath
GBlue
Anyone who went to watch Blues there in the 70's may have a different opinion.

The only place I've been where Fans on the coach had their clothes nicked.

Hated them ever since.

Bit daft to base an opinion on a few. I've seen our lot robbing visiting supporters in Bull Ring in 80s. I would hope that doesn't reflect on the whole of Blues and the city of Bham

There is a slight difference in my opinion, yes the kind of behavior you refer to was in fact rife all over the country in the 70's and 80's, although I don't think it was quite as widespread as it was in Liverpool.

In 1974 as a 15 year old I got mugged and had a sheepskin coat nicked off my back by about six grown men after a match at Everton.

My point is the media would be quick to condemn this type of 'hooliganism' if it was Blues, Leeds, Man u, but my perception by the media was Liverpool fans were darlings.
13:45, Tue 14 Nov
Any way can't be bothered with getting into one of your long drawn out rambling rows. Let's just agree that you are 100% right as always.

Answer = Yes

but it made more sense and was more relevant than your post
13:54, Tue 14 Nov
Miguelagenn

Agree with that. Genuinely when I saw the Spanish lad that came over to see Forest, it just didn't move me one bit. I appreciate it brings things home for some people but I don't get the fawning over it. Maybe it's me,

It's not just you.

People exaggerate emotions online for some reason (they have to be exaggerated because if you're moved to tears by stuff like that young Spanish lad then you're emotionally unstable).

Same when somebody dies, guarantee there'll be a thread up here within a minute just saying 'RIP' because people have to be the first ones aboard the grief-olympics train.
14:01, Tue 14 Nov
Rags

Answer = Yes

but it made more sense and was more relevant than your post
To you of course it was.To me mine was relevant to the originaL question posed by the OP about un-Blues opinions .