12:35, Fri 17 Nov
interestingly the commission didnt agree with the punishment the Prem wanted, which i think was the same with us

[x.com]
12:36, Fri 17 Nov
Not sure how long the enquiry has taken, but with Chelsea & Man City under review, it could get interesting.

(I imagine the Man City one will take years to unravel & pick through legalities though).
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
12:37, Fri 17 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Indeed 👍 Let them have it. I was actually ok with is getting done and for agreeing to raise funds but then not selling Che to the summer. We caused our own mess

Having had access to some of the stuff behind it I agree 100%
12:39, Fri 17 Nov
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
Indeed 👍 Let them have it. I was actually ok with is getting done and for agreeing to raise funds but then not selling Che to the summer. We caused our own mess

Having had access to some of the stuff behind it I agree 100%
Dong Dong Dong
Tony Fantastico
12:40, Fri 17 Nov
Waggeh
Don't think it'll affect them much at all. They'll still stay up with ease this season.

Shame really as I'd ike to visit there new ground when it's finished. Bet it'll have a belting light show.

:D :D
12:48, Fri 17 Nov
😂 take your glow sticks
12:52, Fri 17 Nov
El Mayor
Who was it on here who told me Everton would get away with it and they’d never be deducted points?

I said I;d be surprised if it was the full 12 mooted and no more than 3 with the rest suspended

I'm surprised
12:56, Fri 17 Nov
NouCamp
El Mayor
Who was it on here who told me Everton would get away with it and they’d never be deducted points?

I said I;d be surprised if it was the full 12 mooted and no more than 3 with the rest suspended

I'm surprised

I think this is partly the last throw of the dice from the PL to prove they don't need a regulator. This is why I expected a harsh punishment.
13:00, Fri 17 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Loads have said we’d be the only team to ever be punished. And we call scousers victims 😂
It’s great they have been punished but scandalous more haven’t

Like Chelsea
13:04, Fri 17 Nov
nick_p
This made me laugh: "Everton maintains that it has been open and transparent in the information it has provided to the Premier League".

What, so being open and honest about losing more than three times as much as the rules allow should somehow make you immune from punishment?

Carra making a similar point, clueless

Jamie Carragher
@Carra23
The 10 point deduction for Everton is excessive & not right, considering they have been working with the PL about this for the last couple of years.
Would it have been better to be evasive & try & drag it out like other clubs?
13:09, Fri 17 Nov
They will be well clear of the bottom 3 before the Christmas turkey has gone down.

3 wins in last 5 and only one other team outside of the top 6 has managed that and is the same amount as Sheff U, Burnley, Luton and Bournemouth combined in the last 5.

I would imagine that the relegated sides may have a loud voice in the next few days.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
13:12, Fri 17 Nov
HackneyBlue
nick_p
This made me laugh: "Everton maintains that it has been open and transparent in the information it has provided to the Premier League".

What, so being open and honest about losing more than three times as much as the rules allow should somehow make you immune from punishment?

Carra making a similar point, clueless

Jamie Carragher
@Carra23
The 10 point deduction for Everton is excessive & not right, considering they have been working with the PL about this for the last couple of years.
Would it have been better to be evasive & try & drag it out like other clubs?

He’s a plank
13:14, Fri 17 Nov
There wouldn't be as many complaints if this had been Luton or Bournemouth. But because it's mighty Everton it's going to cause a massive fight.

It reminds me of Swindon being denied the promotion they gained in 1990 and around the same time Spurs were hit with a 12 point deduction and were denied entry to the FA Cup. Swindon accepted their fate whilst Tottenham successfully fought off every sanction and ended up with a slap on the wrist.
13:14, Fri 17 Nov
HackneyBlue
im sure they will be, these charges would have been way easier to work through than City's 115, although the time taken on that to even charge them is a disgrace
-1,150 points for Man City then.
13:15, Fri 17 Nov
The Chelsea revelations recently - well, I say revelations, I think l every fan has known they’ve been cheating for two decades - will undermine that quite a bit.