13:40, Fri 17 Nov
bluearmyfaction
HackneyBlue
im sure they will be, these charges would have been way easier to work through than City's 115, although the time taken on that to even charge them is a disgrace
-1,150 points for Man City then.
If they’re all upheld they should be forced into Sunday Leagues or Goals leagues
Tony Fantastico
13:41, Fri 17 Nov
Squatnose
There wouldn't be as many complaints if this had been Luton or Bournemouth. But because it's mighty Everton it's going to cause a massive fight.

It reminds me of Swindon being denied the promotion they gained in 1990 and around the same time Spurs were hit with a 12 point deduction and were denied entry to the FA Cup. Swindon accepted their fate whilst Tottenham successfully fought off every sanction and ended up with a slap on the wrist.
Absolutely this
Tony Fantastico
13:52, Fri 17 Nov
El Mayor
Who was it on here who told me Everton would get away with it and they’d never be deducted points?

Me. I'll eat my hat.
14:00, Fri 17 Nov
[x.com]

they tried to exclude the loss they made on 'player x'

its very good that the full verdicts get published
14:01, Fri 17 Nov
There must be more in the offing. Villa's net spend has been amongst the highest in Europe over the last 4-5 seasons. Chelsea & Man City obviously as well.

But Everton moaning that they shouldn't lose points because others are worse is a straw man argument. They cheated FFP by the sounds of it and it is just a real pity that Luton, Sheffield U & Burnley will be lucky to scrape 40+ points between them
14:08, Fri 17 Nov
El Mayor
NouCamp
El Mayor
Who was it on here who told me Everton would get away with it and they’d never be deducted points?

I said I;d be surprised if it was the full 12 mooted and no more than 3 with the rest suspended

I'm surprised

I think this is partly the last throw of the dice from the PL to prove they don't need a regulator. This is why I expected a harsh punishment.

Don’t disagree with your observations at all, other than to say I don’t think it’s that harsh a punishment actually, given how they’ve obliterated the rules and aren’t holding their hands up to it.
14:22, Fri 17 Nov
GBBlue
There must be more in the offing. Villa's net spend has been amongst the highest in Europe over the last 4-5 seasons. Chelsea & Man City obviously as well.

But Everton moaning that they shouldn't lose points because others are worse is a straw man argument. They cheated FFP by the sounds of it and it is just a real pity that Luton, Sheffield U & Burnley will be lucky to scrape 40+ points between them

There AVFC breach was in the Championship seasons. I think they lost £95 in the last season alone - which even with the PL extra loss available maxed out their losses. There were losses in the two previous seasons as well.
The other two clubs who goat away with massive losses were Leeds and W*lv*s.
14:31, Fri 17 Nov
Blimey O'Reilly! 🫣 This will be interesting.
Up the feckin Blues
15:06, Fri 17 Nov
HackneyBlue
interestingly the commission didnt agree with the punishment the Prem wanted, which i think was the same with us

[x.com]

I've just read through it, the way I have read it is the Premier league wanted to adopt similar to what the efl done (they even reference blues v efl in there), whereby its a sliding scale of points depending on the losses, but the commission say the current rules don't have this in them so the commissions punishment can be whatever they see fit.

Although given the level of the breach, the sliding scale would've still been 10 points so in effect, they got the punishment they wanted as such.
15:13, Fri 17 Nov
Super Hans
They will still stay up at a relative canter this season anyway, the bottom of the PL is shite.

Doubt it will be applied this season given they're appealing. If I were them, I'd take it this season. As you say, there won't be an easier one to stay up.
15:55, Fri 17 Nov
👍

I could be wrong but i thought our independent commission set the sliding scale themselves and then used us as the precedent moving forward
15:58, Fri 17 Nov
My guess is that it will be suspended on appeal.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
15:59, Fri 17 Nov
The deduction levels were already set. We lost 7 points for the breaches less 1 point for good behaviour after we were charged plus 3 points for an aggravated breach making 9 in total.
We were a test case in being the first club done for breaching FFP/P&S, but the EFL had previously set the punishments.
16:11, Fri 17 Nov
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:41, Fri 17 Nov
coventrybluenose
My guess is that it will be suspended on appeal.

If they lose the appeal, they need to take Lampard back for a year as a penalty for wasting the PL's time.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875