16:44, Fri 17 Nov
HackneyBlue
[x.com]

they tried to exclude the loss they made on 'player x'

its very good that the full verdicts get published

Surely it's the same as when that player died in the plane crash after agreeing to join Cardiff. They tried to squirm out of paying the transfer fee but they had to take it on the chin as the loss of an expensive asset. In this case, Everton paid the transfer fee but they still lost the asset.
17:51, Fri 17 Nov
coventrybluenose
My guess is that it will be suspended on appeal.

My guess is you’ll be incorrect
17:59, Fri 17 Nov
ye although im not keen on comparing the 2 circumstances, its slightly different as Everton did pay the fee but tried to argue it shouldnt be included in their accounting
18:22, Fri 17 Nov
I find it hilarious how all the news outlets are running a ‘this could mean Man City will be relegated’ story off of this news.

They won’t get shit.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:29, Fri 17 Nov
Super Hans
I find it hilarious how all the news outlets are running a ‘this could mean Man City will be relegated’ story off of this news.

They won’t get shit.

You never know, apparently Man City are using the KC that Johnson used to defend himself over partygate...
18:58, Fri 17 Nov
Everton’s statement is pointed about seeing what other penalties will be dished out.
19:10, Fri 17 Nov
yea i think this makes other clubs being punished more likely, the precedent has been set.

doubt they will be found guilty of all 115 anyway
19:21, Fri 17 Nov
Everton absolutely took the piss regarding FFP and deserve everything they are getting. Clubs were allowed to adjust their accounting losses declared for a 3 yr FFP period for losses relating to Covid. Maximum losses allowed for FFP after adjustments were £108m. They actually lost over £300m before Covid adjustments They claimed c£200m for Covid losses to meet the FFP threshold. The next highest were Newcastle and Villa at about £55m. Everton claimed they would have sold players if it wasn’t for Covid hence the £200m. That was highly questionable but the obvious counter argument is they didn’t so they had those players to help them avoid relegation. The PL absolutely bottled it as they should have got this points deduction back in the season Lampard was manager and they stayed up last game of the season.
19:24, Fri 17 Nov
And that may have been better for Everton as they will have to find another nine figure sum to compensate other clubs for staying up. Rather than take a one season hit.