23:28, Tue 12 Dec
Been done before I’m sure, just watching mine again - The Jam, Bingley Hall, B’ham 1982. Still sends shivers, don’t think I blinked for the first 20 minutes!
23:41, Tue 12 Dec
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club/The Coral/Lost Prophets/Andrew W.K

Wolverhampton in 2002.

Was an ace first gig. Well untill... Watkins

Still have a Lost Prophets t-shirt somewhere from that gig.
23:46, Tue 12 Dec
I went to that gig! Flipping brilliant. Whole place was jumping. They were just pure energy, with the crowd feeding of them. Saw them a couple more times at Bingley hall Birmingham.
First gig I went to was Tubeway Army at the Odeon New Street. I still remember so many little details.
My heart exploded. I was totally smitten with live music after that.
23:54, Tue 12 Dec
👍
23:59, Tue 12 Dec
1972 at the Town Hall. Slade Thin lizzy and Suzy Quattro all on the bill.

It really was a different world back in the 70s . Half the crowd would have had more than one to many and it would have been cheap as chips as well.

Most of the best gigs I’ve been to were at the Town Hall back in the 70s.

The bands always seemed to be having a crack back then to.
00:02, Wed 13 Dec
X-Ray Spex supported by the Lurkers and Mighty Mouth from Manchester( a poor version of JCC) at the odeon either 1978 or 1979
00:18, Wed 13 Dec
Traffic with the great Stevie Winwood at the Town Hall in November 1967. I was 13 and my 11 year old sister accompanied me. My mom, who took us and was going to hang around outside all evening, ended up sitting up in the Gods after the person on the door took pity on her and snuck her in 🤣
00:36, Wed 13 Dec
Oasis, Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 11th December 1994. Blew my 16 year old mind. Was broadcast on Radio 1 too, got this on vinyl.

01:17, Wed 13 Dec
Barry White . 10 th May 1975 at Villa Park .
Wore my Blues shirt and got loads of comments and remarks . He was a class act and boy did he sweat.
We were seated on the pitch .
02:14, Wed 13 Dec
After being completed captivated by David Bowie singing Starman on TOTP back in 1972, the one where he reached out the screen and said to 11 year old me "... so i picked on you" i was hooked. Just 3 mins and 33 secs but it changed my life

Absolutely nagged my parent at the time to take me to the The Gaumont in Worcester in June 1974 as it was supposed to be his "farewell" tour ... ended up being the end of Ziggy Stardust , not David Bowie.

Still remember it as if it was just a year ago. Drive down in his Cortina and i'm sure 13 year old me was stoned by the time we got there as he smoked so much dope on the way ( also think he was the only black bloke in the whole place).

Ticket Cost ? ... £1.30 !!!!!

PS - to get his own back and to "show me some real culture" it was him who took me to my second gig too ... Bob Marley at Birmingham Odeon in 1975 on his Natty Dread Tour. Well, you can imagine how "secondary inhalation" stoned i was there too !!

Very weird (but completely excellent) two years of my life
04:58, Wed 13 Dec
theAtlas
Been done before I’m sure, just watching mine again - The Jam, Bingley Hall, B’ham 1982. Still sends shivers, don’t think I blinked for the first 20 minutes!

I saw then twice in 1982.

My first one was Gary Nyman at the Ocean I think 1980 or 81.

Blimey, Richie we sound quite similar.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
06:37, Wed 13 Dec
Genesis - Wembley July 1987.
06:53, Wed 13 Dec
Fleetwood Mac / Status Quo.

Small Heath Park
07:00, Wed 13 Dec
Helloween
Keeper of the Seven Keys tour
Supported by Overkill
Hammersmith odeon
07:06, Wed 13 Dec
First gig would have been with me parents to watch Fairport Convention at the town hall mid/ late 80's.
Me dad was mates with Dave Pegg so always got good tickets.

First concert on me own would have been Iron Maiden on the seventh son tour at the NEC in 1988.

Most memorable gig ever came shortly after that when me elder brother took me to watch Nirvana at Edwards No.8, winter of 89.
Both got t-shirts & me brother got a Bleach vinyl, signed by this scruffy bloke who fronted the band, all of which would now be worth a mint, all of which lost on the way home afterwards.