15:54, Wed 13 Dec
The Jam did 2 Bingley hall, supported by Rudi, Birmingham gigs in March 1982, Saturday and Sunday, I went to the Saturday the Sunday one was filmed for the trans global unity express video.
Their December gig at Bingley hall was their last public gig, they did one more in Brighton but it was mainly for the press.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
15:58, Wed 13 Dec
I was at the December one too.
16:06, Wed 13 Dec
Mister Mutley
1972 at the Town Hall. Slade Thin lizzy and Suzy Quattro all on the bill.

It really was a different world back in the 70s . Half the crowd would have had more than one to many and it would have been cheap as chips as well.

Most of the best gigs I’ve been to were at the Town Hall back in the 70s.

The bands always seemed to be having a crack back then to.

Same as me, and also with The sensational Alex Harvey band later.
16:08, Wed 13 Dec
Apparently Council staff were briefed today on the next round of cuts and redundancies, we can’t expect any favours from the council regarding the wheels site, they have bigger issues to sort.

Everyone in property circles is aware of the Wheels site and the potential warehouses being proposed, if a end user or developer was interested in the site I think we would be aware of it by now
17:36, Wed 13 Dec
Pink Floyd - December 1974, at the Hippodrome
17:39, Wed 13 Dec
Faces. Odeon 29th November 1974.
Mister Mutley
Most of the best gigs I’ve been to were at the Town Hall back in the 70s.

👍
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
17:47, Wed 13 Dec
Andy62
Apparently Council staff were briefed today on the next round of cuts and redundancies, we can’t expect any favours from the council regarding the wheels site, they have bigger issues to sort.

Everyone in property circles is aware of the Wheels site and the potential warehouses being proposed, if a end user or developer was interested in the site I think we would be aware of it by now

What was your first gig though?
17:54, Wed 13 Dec
Those Town hall gigs were amazing - the line-ups they had! Used to love the big blues troupes - Sonny Terry/Brownie McGhee, Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters.....astonishing

Anyone on here ever go to Henry's Blues House in the Crown on Station Street on Tuesday nights in the late 60s? Most notable for Earth, i.e. Black Sabbath, who I saw there a few times, but there were some amazing acts there too.
18:06, Wed 13 Dec
Mr Driscoll
roger hynd
The Jam
Odeon New St
May 78 I think. (Or 79)
What an introduction to live music

If you’re sure it was May, it was 1979. The 78 odeon gig was in November.

Just texted my mate I went with.
Apparently it was 79 and The Records supported.
Also did Bingley Hall Brum a couple of times, The Vapours and The Piranhas support acts iirc.
And Stafford Bingley Hall 81 where it was very moody.
My mate went to the last gig in Brighton 👍
18:09, Wed 13 Dec
Supertramp, supported by an upcoming Joan Armatrading at the Odeon in November 75
18:10, Wed 13 Dec
Leonard Cohen Albert Hall.London around 1970.
18:28, Wed 13 Dec
Manxie
Supertramp, supported by an upcoming Joan Armatrading at the Odeon in November 75

I was at that one as well, absolutely amazing. Joan was very good as well.
18:59, Wed 13 Dec
Manxie

I was at that one as well, absolutely amazing. Joan was very good as well.

I would loved to have seen Supertramp.

And Pink Floyd.

Some strong entries on here!
20:14, Wed 13 Dec
I think there was quite a gap until my next live gigs. From my very old memory bank during the 70s I went to ;
The Spinners at The TH
Mungo Jerry at the TH
The carpenters (supported by Gallagher & Lyle) at The Odeon
Nazareth at The Odeon
Deep Purple, Odeon
Richie Blackmore’s Rainbow, Odeon