07:49, Wed 13 Dec
Showaddywaddy - Odeon 1980 😎
08:04, Wed 13 Dec
roger hynd
The Jam
Odeon New St
May 78 I think. (Or 79)
What an introduction to live music

If you’re sure it was May, it was 1979. The 78 odeon gig was in November.
08:04, Wed 13 Dec

Guana Batz or Meteors at the Barrel Organ early 80's, first big concert the Smiths Wolverhampton Civic centre 86
08:34, Wed 13 Dec
BluenoseMo
Traffic with the great Stevie Winwood at the Town Hall in November 1967. I was 13 and my 11 year old sister accompanied me. My mom, who took us and was going to hang around outside all evening, ended up sitting up in the Gods after the person on the door took pity on her and snuck her in 🤣

If we’re playing top trumps on first gigs, a strong contender Mo. I saw them live in York in 1973 and they were great. Your gig must have been around ‘Tin Soldier’ and ‘Hole in My Shoe’ time - great songs.

I think my first one was Spring 1970, The Faces backed by The James Gang (latter ought to have been good but they came on so late). The Faces were of course hugely entertaining. I remember I couldn’t hear much the next day.

One thing I regret is that a couple of my pals went to Mothers a lot around and before that time and saw lots of what I suppose would be called legendary bands etc. at the time.
08:47, Wed 13 Dec
BluenoseMo
Traffic with the great Stevie Winwood at the Town Hall in November 1967. I was 13 and my 11 year old sister accompanied me. My mom, who took us and was going to hang around outside all evening, ended up sitting up in the Gods after the person on the door took pity on her and snuck her in 🤣

If we’re playing top trumps on first gigs, a strong contender Mo. I saw them live in York in 1973 and they were great. Your gig must have been around ‘Tin Soldier’ and ‘Hole in My Shoe’ time - great songs.

I think my first one was Spring 1970, The Faces backed by The James Gang (latter ought to have been good but they came on so late). The Faces were of course hugely entertaining. I remember I couldn’t hear much the next day.

One thing I regret is that a couple of my pals went to Mothers a lot around and before that time and saw lots of what I suppose would be called legendary bands etc. at the time.

Yes. Think we have a winner there Mo. Claiming a close second for myself with Blind Faith, Hyde Park, 69. Richie Havens stole the show/saved the day.
09:14, Wed 13 Dec
ELO
NEC
December 1981

Had to wait until 2014 to see them again
09:18, Wed 13 Dec
Madness at Bingley Hall in 1981. Supported by the Belle-Starrs who'd just renamed themselves from The Bodysnatchers.

Bit of an eye opener for 14/15 year olds as the Madness audience had been been infiltrated by the undesirable skinhead element and certainly wasn't the 2 Tone fest we were expecting.

Maybe they'd always attracted that element but we'd all got into the 2 Tone thing and were expecting different.
09:28, Wed 13 Dec
The Bodysnatchers ‘Let’s do rock steady’ - Tune!
09:36, Wed 13 Dec
Taste at Mothers in Erdington 1969, at that time it was the best Rock club in the world and over a furniture shop. When a top group were on, it was so packed, you could not get your hands out of your pockets.
09:48, Wed 13 Dec
newblue
BluenoseMo

Yes it was. I was near the front - loved every single minute of it.

They were at Mothers around a year later but, sadly, I wasn’t allowed to go to that one 😭
09:56, Wed 13 Dec
May 6th 1967. The Beach Boys Odeon New Street.

Supporting acts, Helen Shapiro, Simon Dupree and The Big Sound, Terry Reid with Peter Jay's Jay Walkers, The Marionettes The Nite People.

Still got the programme.
10:00, Wed 13 Dec
They played Bingley Hall 3 times in '82, I was at all of them. I went to every Jam Brum gig from November '79 (my first ever gig, I was 14). I also saw them on the Bucket & Spade tour at Bingley Hall, Stafford. I think that was 6 times in all. The last Jam gig in Brum was 41 years ago last week, lonnnng time ago.
10:04, Wed 13 Dec
Howard Jones, Birmingham Odeon April 1984. Haven’t stopped seeing him since, absolute wizard on keyboards and gets better with age 😎
KES
10:08, Wed 13 Dec
Oasis - Finsbury Park - July 2002.