13:49, Wed 13 Dec
Never drink in the house unless we have a dinner party

To me drinking the house would be an alone thing, drink for me is social thing really

Dinner party?

Oh how la di da!
13:53, Wed 13 Dec
You've been lunchtime drinking haven't you?
14:01, Wed 13 Dec
I only drink if I’m going out out which is normally once or twice a year.
14:02, Wed 13 Dec
We get the placemats out and everything
14:04, Wed 13 Dec
BlueStorm

Monday and Tuesday, I was bored onsite so took members of my team for lunchtime drinks til the early hours to say thank you.

Gavel has gone down on the event 40 minutes ago so will probably be a pretty big one tonight, the wrap party is tomorrow and I have Christmas Brunch with friends on Friday. I would only actually describe it as a slightly more excessive week than normal.

Next week I will hardly have any work to do...

I need a bit of a reset at some point I think.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
14:06, Wed 13 Dec
I was doing really well at cutting back, then Rooney became manager!
14:16, Wed 13 Dec
Charcy
BlueStorm

Monday and Tuesday, I was bored onsite so took members of my team for lunchtime drinks til the early hours to say thank you.

Gavel has gone down on the event 40 minutes ago so will probably be a pretty big one tonight, the wrap party is tomorrow and I have Christmas Brunch with friends on Friday. I would only actually describe it as a slightly more excessive week than normal.

Next week I will hardly have any work to do...

I need a bit of a reset at some point I think.

You know at our age that's unsustainable don't you.
14:22, Wed 13 Dec
I have sustained it pretty well to be fair.
14:25, Wed 13 Dec
Working in Leeds city centre and running my own business - I got into a habit of having a few pints after work 3 times a week and then having a proper booze Fri-Sun.

Decided I was feeling worse after it than I was enjoying it so not drank since August.

Aside from losing 22kg, I've felt better in myself and had better sleep. Which is a balance for being a misery with no social life!!

Will have a couple over Xmas but don't think I will go back to big drinking.
16:23, Wed 13 Dec
Charcy
I have sustained it pretty well to be fair.

You and I are doing the heavy lifting for all these clean shirts by the sounds of it
16:28, Wed 13 Dec
👍🏻
17:18, Wed 13 Dec
Far too into my running and swimming to really drink these days! One or 2 pints each month. I still go out and have a great night and then feel great the next day!

Since I stopped REALLY drinking on a night out, I feel better, I enjoy the night more and I don’t spend a stupid amount of money!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
17:20, Wed 13 Dec
25 years ago I was, in all honesty, a screaming piss artist. Every night, drinking in my favourite ale pub in Harborne.

Luckily I grew up and got a bit more sensible. I started stopping in on 2 nights. Then it got more. In 2005 I stopped going out altogether and in 30 years I’ve had more than one pint about 3 times.

Nowadays, I enjoy a bottle of beer around once a month.

I do know people that didn’t come out smelling of roses, some folk I know are either alcoholics or recovering alcoholics. It’s a dangerous substance, “the drink”.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
17:21, Wed 13 Dec
As a young man I was in the pub 7 nights a week, married, raised kids that dropped off but I switched to drinking in the house, I still do drink in the house but now it's mostly weekends or during hot weather, I have to drive every day so no more than 2 bottles in the week. I try to meet my mates once a month up town and we have 5/6 pints, I can't take any more than that now.
17:27, Wed 13 Dec
I'm going to stick up for drinking at home which is getting an unfair press here. For me these days drinking is something you do when eating, and it doesn't matter if that's home or restaurant. Almost always wine, very rarely beer or spirits, and I'm sufficiently disciplined to (usually) stick the cork back in the bottle after one or two glasses.

A glass as an incidental to a social event is ok but going out for no other reason than to have a drink, even with friends, seems a bit OTT to me now. Wasn't always like that, but I honestly can't recall when I was last drunk.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person