17:36, Wed 13 Dec
Made in Daegu
Far too into my running and swimming to really drink these days! One or 2 pints each month. I still go out and have a great night and then feel great the next day!

Since I stopped REALLY drinking on a night out, I feel better, I enjoy the night more and I don’t spend a stupid amount of money!

An often overlooked benefit of drinking in moderation. So many better things to do with one’s money.
17:45, Wed 13 Dec
A pretty temperate bunch on here by the looks of it.
Mature and moderate adults all !
I was very inclined towards the drink in my youth, to the extent where “one was too many and a hundred wasn’t enough.”
So the luxury of choice was no longer available to me.
Fortunately being a non-drinker is not the eyebrow-raiser it used to be.
Lucky to have survived the experiment !
18:04, Wed 13 Dec
I stvrt drkning evra daay aroons 2 ppmm
Still love a beer....
If I want one in the week I'll have one(mainly at home)but not dependent on it like I used to be.

Weekends/Blues I'll have a few or more but start early and finish early generally speaking.
That way no hangovers and no depression the next day
18:27, Wed 13 Dec
Usually have two or three cans cooking dinner. It improves my cooking.
18:31, Wed 13 Dec
Unless I'm out for a midweek actual "thing/event" I don't drink Sun-Wed.

I work every Sunday, so my weekend school bell is Thursday night, so I drink Thurs/Fri/Sat regularly and the odd much-needed can watching BluesTV, as will happen shortly
18:42, Wed 13 Dec
I do enjoy a midweek drink tbh but feel if I did start it would become an every night thing so I tend to not drink at all in the week then come Friday I do enjoy a drink at home of an evening watching a film or something on tele, then Saturday I'll drink if I'm going to the blues but then it's only ever 4-5 pints max and I'm done, hate hangovers. Sunday sometimes I'll have a pint with dinner but it's very rare
18:53, Wed 13 Dec
BlueStorm
Bluemarc81's post got me thinking as he'd said he's had a drink last night and was pondering all things Blues.

I used to happily "drink" all week but gradually as I've got older it's down to Saturday/Sunday at most and in no where near the quantities I used to consume. No real reasons other than I can't be bothered.

Anyone else found this as they've aged or are most on here drinkers all week long?

We KRO.

Used to be, but that was mostly driven by the fact I was a shift worker, so sometimes my Saturday night would be a Wednesday if I was rota'd on the weekend that week.
Then the lines just got too blurred to wonder what day it was.
Now I'm 9 to 5 Mon to Friday, I don't touch a drop in the week, couple of bottles watching a film with the Mrs on a Friday but then I do go for it a bit on the Saturday, with just a couple on Sunday again.
Do feel better for it.
Up the feckin Blues
18:57, Wed 13 Dec
Chris
Charcy
I have sustained it pretty well to be fair.

You and I are doing the heavy lifting for all these clean shirts by the sounds of it

I probably drink as much as you. I just know I’m daft for drinking 4/5 nights a week at home.

Charcy’s intake is the same as a small
Principality.
mad
19:03, Wed 13 Dec
There's so many options now to give up completely. Had the range of alcoholic beverage options remained constant to what it was when I used to over drink/get pissed in Solihull after work (still today nearly 2024 FFS a virtual desert when it comes to decent boozers - with a couple of notable exceptions) in the mid-1990's when for a bit of variety you needed to ask for a Jackie Charlton or a black velvet I'd have likely cut back massively like several on here by now

I miss the occasional lunchtime drink that seems to have gone from office/staffroom culture now since the early 2000's. I probably drink a little less in December (less keen on the spiced Xmas'y flavours in the Ales) these days but I do try to make an effort to help the boozers keep going in January

Drinking thankfully remains part of the match day experience and pub crawls are still an occasional treat.

Never used to drink at the actual cricket which amazes many non cricket watchers but that's changed a bit since lockdown (happily take a few cans in for a day's play now) and has even started to creep into my Blues watching although there's nowt decent near the ground so I'm hopeful that won't become any sort of routine. A-n-other relegation scrap in the cheap seats though.....

I do try to make an effort to leave Monday's alone (and at least half of Sundays) but that probably reflects a more limited range of options outside the city centre. Leicester on Monday though so will probably leave Tues/Weds alone next week
19:03, Wed 13 Dec
Don't get me wrong. I love a drink and nothing better than an all dayer and sink 16 pints.

But I realised I can't just have one - so had to knock it on the noggin.
19:11, Wed 13 Dec
As you know I’m a big fan of binge drinking, 4 nights on, 3 nights off. The nights vary but my average is steady at 45/50 units per week.
19:25, Wed 13 Dec
Given a pint of 5% beer is 3 units I believe, are you sure that's all you're doing if you're drinking 4 nights...

I know full well I'm drinking too much and it's affecting my blood pressure, so have reduced intake and increased exercise.

I feel better about myself though if people on here are caning it 3/4 nights a week though!
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:33, Wed 13 Dec
Oldham
Chris
Charcy
I have sustained it pretty well to be fair.

You and I are doing the heavy lifting for all these clean shirts by the sounds of it

I probably drink as much as you. I just know I’m daft for drinking 4/5 nights a week at home.

Charcy’s intake is the same as a small
Principality.

He's giving it the big spuds about drinking but is really cross country running all the time
21:12, Wed 13 Dec
flamingo
As you know I’m a big fan of binge drinking, 4 nights on, 3 nights off. The nights vary but my average is steady at 45/50 units per week.

Don’t you mean 45-50 pints?
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield