Tam
11:28, Sat 6 Jan
Oh, that’s a shame. When I was there about fifteen years ago, there were guards calling ‘Silenzio!’ at anyone that spoke. It was really quiet and reverent, which made for a great experience. I was stunned at the beauty and magnificence of it.

Coincidentally, we were in St. Peter’s Square for the Pope’s monthly address. I’m not particularly religious or Catholic, but it was a nice experience although I found myself sitting next to some fat gimp in a Villa shirt from Redditch which took a little gloss from the event.
Make Blues Great Again
11:28, Sat 6 Jan
I have been in Rome last year for the 6 nations. Prepare for queuing especially when visiting the Colosseum and at the Vatican.

Also purchase the Rome pass for the local transport 24, 48 or 72 hours very good value more details at atac.roma.it/en/ticketsandpasses website.

A good 25 minute walk from the Colloseum is Finnegans Irish pub. Outstanding Guinness on tap. it is on Via Leonina 66. The local Peroni (Red label) is great.

One last tip keep away from Roma termini train station at night, it looked to me very dodgy.
11:38, Sat 6 Jan
FFS go to Rome and go to an Irish pub!

Worst advice ever.
11:40, Sat 6 Jan
😂
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:43, Sat 6 Jan
Thongs

Worst advice ever.

Wherever you go Irish bars are always the most expensive. I always avoid them.Also,why go abroad to drink in a pub full of Brits serving Fish and Chips?
11:58, Sat 6 Jan
Be sure to buy tickets for the hop on hop off bus (either 24/48 hr pass) it’s a great way to get around to all the sites you mentioned.

La Famiglia is a fantastic restaurant near the train station, family owned and great food at reasonable prices, the locals queue to get in so reserve a table!

You can Thank me later 😉
11:59, Sat 6 Jan
If poss I'd try the Borghese museum. Im not a huge art guy but was fantastic, great sculptures! May need to book in advance.

Also! See if you can eat at Tonys in the trastevere. Bit of a queue but worth the wait. If you can't find on maps, ask and someone will know. generally the trastevere is an amazing place to be. Enjoy Rome. Went with my dad and it was probably the best weekend of my life.
12:04, Sat 6 Jan
The English Cemetery -["Cementario Non-cattolica " for the cab driver ] Just behind the Pyramide underground station --Might seem a strange choice but well worth a visit for a couple of hours. Some of the monuments are stunning and its so well kept
12:06, Sat 6 Jan
if you see the leaning tower of pisa, your not in rome
12:11, Sat 6 Jan
Thongs

Worst advice ever.

😁
12:14, Sat 6 Jan
Ribeye
Thought I'd get this in before the match and before this board is awash with Tony Mowbray the whole of next week.

Going to Rome for the first time in March for 4 nights.

Planning the Colosseum, pantheon, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, the Vatican.

Anything I've missed? Any tips?
Could do with help on what colosseum tickets to book there seems like 50 odd variations. Hoping to book things tomorrow so it's all sorted.

Well worth a walk over to the Vatican City as well. We were there around Easter one year and the square was packed and we were lucky enough to see the Pope pop out of his window. I’m no wat religious but if felt special to be able to experience that. A walk along the banks of the Tiber is worth it as well.
12:37, Sat 6 Jan
SteveB69
Ribeye
Thought I'd get this in before the match and before this board is awash with Tony Mowbray the whole of next week.

Going to Rome for the first time in March for 4 nights.

Planning the Colosseum, pantheon, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, the Vatican.

Anything I've missed? Any tips?
Could do with help on what colosseum tickets to book there seems like 50 odd variations. Hoping to book things tomorrow so it's all sorted.

Well worth a walk over to the Vatican City as well. We were there around Easter one year and the square was packed and we were lucky enough to see the Pope pop out of his window. I’m no wat religious but if felt special to be able to experience that. A walk along the banks of the Tiber is worth it as well.

If you go on a Saturday evening,he comes out and reads the football results.
13:17, Sat 6 Jan
Thongs

Worst advice ever.

🤣🤣🤣
13:25, Sat 6 Jan
Sheep2
The forum
Catacombs
Villa Borghesi
Olympic stadium
Castel St Angelo
Loads more depending on your interests

Certainty are...is wasnt built in a day you know 🙄
15:18, Sat 6 Jan
I actually appreciate your advice on the Guinness. My late grandad would always seek out a Guinness on his holidays, we could be in the desert and he’d try and find one.

Now whenever I go away I do the same in his honour! Had some awful ones in my time, look at this!

Linked Image